No announcement yet.

Military identification wakizashi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the tsuka in hand, Same is really old-ito.
    The officer may customize his sword.

The tsuka is of general wear service.

The ito had to be rebuilt during the war to fix the new regulatory koshirae.

Here are the photos.

Last edited by lokomilo; 10-27-2016, 05:53 AM.

Comment

I can say for sure that the dai-sappas is missing and they where switch to 2 homemade one.
      I dont like the way ito is ended( completely wrong) . The shape of the opennings are wrong. Looks to be missing hisigami too.

Comment

The ito was redone to put the new koshirae, it had to be finished by craftsmen. Former ito was to reach the top of the tsuka.

For seppas, the sword was found like that. No closure system on that sword.
        The general state of my Tsuka, shows a pronounced wear the ito. Probably because of its use and climatic conditions (sun, bad weather). He is dry.

A similar sword: http://www.quanonline.com/military/m...e/sword_21.php
        Last edited by lokomilo; 10-27-2016, 07:01 AM.

Comment

I think the tsuka is older than the ww2. It had to be refurbished during the war, probably to reinstall menuki and koshirae. This will explain the new braiding ito from the original ito.

Braiding the ito ends on one side of the sword. Originally it was to end on both sides of the top of the tsuka sword before installing the new koshirae.

Thank you for you participation

Comment

This looks to me like a high quality custom fitting job with high quality fittings. The wear on the fuchi, along with the laquer coated ito, and the unusual wrap (a little sloppy), with new same' tells me that possibly the tsuka was repaired late-war. The "silver" seppa are oddly poor quality, but that would not be shocking if this repair were done very late in the war. I am studying field repair teams and they were way unprepared for the amount of work they actually faced.

Comment

Can someone translate the maker please? And possibly give me a value?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I give up...... happy collecting.

Comment

Originally posted by mkennesonj View Post

Can someone translate the maker please? ...
                  Please begin a new thread with images that are larger and readable.

EDIT: I was able to magnify the images and have your information. I will not post on this thread.
                  Stu, can you or another Moderator-san move this to a new thread so as not to hijack this one?

--Guy
                  Last edited by GHP; 10-27-2016, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BruceP View Post
                    This looks to me like a high quality custom fitting job with high quality fittings. The wear on the fuchi, along with the laquer coated ito, and the unusual wrap (a little sloppy), with new same' tells me that possibly the tsuka was repaired late-war. The "silver" seppa are oddly poor quality, but that would not be shocking if this repair were done very late in the war. I am studying field repair teams and they were way unprepared for the amount of work they actually faced.
                    Thank you for your information.

This sword has probably seen fighting of the war. It is in a good state of preservation, but as you say it underwent repairs on the Tsuka, with general wear land on any weapon.

Good point, the ito this protective lacquer trace.

Thank you all for your participation.
                    Last edited by lokomilo; 10-27-2016, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GHP View Post
                      Please begin a new thread with images that are larger and readable.

EDIT: I was able to magnify the images and have your information. I will not post on this thread.
                      Stu, can you or another Moderator-san move this to a new thread so as not to hijack this one?

--Guy

Can you pm the info to me? Thanks!

Comment

Can you pm the info to me? Thanks!

NO, I will not! The reason I give FREE translaion help [which requires RESEARCH on my part] is to benefit the community.

Sorry for shouting ... but you unknowingly hit a nerve.

--Guy

Comment

Originally posted by GHP View Post
                          NO, I will not! The reason I give FREE translaion help [which requires RESEARCH on my part] is to benefit the community.

Sorry for shouting ... but you unknowingly hit a nerve.

--Guy
                          Sorry about that I'm not sure how to move my post to the correct thread, is there anyway you would be able to do that and post your info on that thread?

Comment

Sorry about that I'm not sure how to move my post to the correct thread, is there anyway you would be able to do that and post your info on that thread?
                            Just start a new thread -- there's a button in the upper left margin of the Jpz Mil Forum; just select it and add a title and content.

Perhaps thereafter a moderator can either delete these posts or move them.

--Guy

Comment

Thank you to delete unwanted messages from my post.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X