Japanese paybook need translation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese paybook need translation

Got this off Ebay this morning and thought I would post it for translation. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

You have a nice techo there. Soldier's family name is Suzuki and he hails from Chiba Prefecture. His unit is the 1st Divisional District, Sakura Regimental District. I bet if you were to look behind the paper addition though, he started out life as a member of the 19th Division, 75th Regiment. (Interesting thing about the 19th Div. They fought the Soviets in a border dispute known as the Battle of Lake Khasan in 1938 -- unfortunately, this booklet has no entries for that battle -- if it did, I would have bid like crazy for it!

Initial entries show activation within the 75th Regiment, plus a smattering of drills and roll call stamps, starting in 1924. Things pick up again in 1941 when he joins the 19th Division, 73rd Regiment (Unit 8502) and is in Korea. Unfortunately, no further date stamps that would show him in Luzon. Probably released before then.

Your separate sheet shows the soldier being in China for 1937-1938 with movement entries and several guard entries: guarding locations, a railroad, etc. I don't see any battle entries.

Those are the highlights I see, hopefully others can add more. Again, nice pickup.

Oh, last entry looks to be a roll call stamp in 1942.

Tom
                        Last edited by GeorgeP; 10-14-2016, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeP View Post
                          You have a nice techo there. Soldier's family name is Suzuki and he hails from Chiba Prefecture. His unit is the 1st Divisional District, Sakura Regimental District. I bet if you were to look behind the paper addition though, he started out life as a member of the 19th Division, 75th Regiment. (Interesting thing about the 19th Div. They fought the Soviets in a border dispute known as the Battle of Lake Khasan in 1938 -- unfortunately, this booklet has no entries for that battle -- if it did, I would have bid like crazy for it!

Initial entries show activation within the 75th Regiment, plus a smattering of drills and roll call stamps, starting in 1924. Things pick up again in 1941 when he joins the 19th Division, 73rd Regiment (Unit 8502) and is in Korea. Unfortunately, no further date stamps that would show him in Luzon. Probably released before then.

Your separate sheet shows the soldier being in China for 1937-1938 with movement entries and several guard entries: guarding locations, a railroad, etc. I don't see any battle entries.

Those are the highlights I see, hopefully others can add more. Again, nice pickup.

Tom
                          Thanks Tom. It seems there is one or so pages that wasn't photographed and I will post them when I get it. I lost signal on my phone when I was bidding on the one from Guam. I bet you got it?

Comment

Nope, not I. Although I was following it until the end. I have a techo from the same mountain art. unit (from Guam) in my collection, although the soldier started out in a different unit when activated. I am actually surprised it went for as low as it did. These booklets are one of the the very few examples of artifacts that can be traced directly to the battlefield they were picked up from. Only the third Guam example I have seen in 10+ years of collecting these booklets.

Tom

Comment

Post #11, bottom of the 5th and top of the 4th column from the left it looks like 2nd Butai, Tanaka Tai (2nd Battalion, Tanaka Company).

Is that right?

Rod

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X