Translation help please - Aircraft and flags on dish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Translation help please - Aircraft and flags on dish

What are we dealing with here? Looks like a fun thing to translate to solve the mystery! :-)
    I swear that plane looks like an old Boeing peashooter!

Last edited by beretta1934; 10-13-2016, 10:11 PM.

1.Divined wind special attack unit
    2.Zero fighter
    3. Navy
    Attached Files

Comment

I've been told that the sake cups and serving bottles with "Divine Wind [Shinpu/Kamikaze] are modern reproductions.

--Guy

Comment

Good point Guy. Certainly not a "Zero" pictured. No logical reason to put such an obviously antiquated aircraft on a piece supposedly used/shown to 1945 Kamikaze pilots!! That would be nothing but depressing to them.

Anyone want to second Guys statement about repros?? I've seen them around but never bothered to scratch the surface till now

Comment

Stay away! I think Rich has a blurb on these concerning their fantasy nature on his sake cup site. I remember seeing these hit eBay a few years back and they initially went for big money. Yikes!

Tom

Comment

Hello,
            I think Beretta got the proper identification of the plane, nice catch! It means the modern faker (It is rather a modern creation than a fake) doesn't even care about aviation history, because he dares calling it a zero fighter. No speaking of the mixed navy's with army's symbol, so every naïve collector of japanese militaria (or baka gaijin visiting Japan) can buy one.

I have seen hundreds of plates, cups, bottes with this design on ebay, all in brand new condition. The result is far from the beauty of original sake cups and bottes even the most common are more balanced than that poor try.

Just a total modern nonsense. That kind of junk is legion in Third Reich field of collecting (specially with SS connected stuff). So it's not very surprising Japanese militaria got polluted too.

Cheers,
            Mat.

Comment

Ditto to all the above. a well-known fake. I call it fake because it seems to have been made to deceive by including a date on many of the pieces. See a few more here:
              http://www.imperialjapansakecups.com/fakes.html

Comment

Thanks gentlemen. More stuff like this on Ebay this weekend - this time its on a Sake bottle!

Comment

It looks to me much more like a joke, someone used a P-26 drawing to represent a A5M Claude and named it A6M ZERO,

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X