Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hello all- images posted for Andy Alfred 213, wondering about writing on the tag back of flag- a name or manufacturer? Also were the small silk flags used on the uniforms? Thanks very much for any help.

Comment

flag possibly named

hi members
              hopefully you guys can help me here i would appreciate any help on a posibly japanese soldiers named flag the tag is silk cloth same as fllag . bought this flag years ago from veterans estate along with 9 small silk cloth riseing sun flafs these must have been cut from a roll im going to take a wild guess could they possibly be for a japanese naval pilots jacket appreciate all the help i can get from you guys god bless all thanks andy alfred213

Comment

Insignia for Kamikaze headband?
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Byzanti View Post
                  Flag named to "Masuzawa" ( a surname).

マスザワ
                  Masuzawa
                  [using katakana "alphabet"]

The following kanji are used for the family name Masuzawa:
                  増沢
                  増澤 [same as above, but older style kanji.]
                  枡澤
                  桝澤 [same as above, but older style kanji.]
                  鱒沢

--Guy

Comment

Originally posted by Lampwick View Post
                    Insignia for Kamikaze headband?
                    Not likely, the miniature flags are too small to wrap around one's head.

--Guy

Comment

japanese soldiers flag

hi guy
                      thank you very much for translation on my japanese soldiers flag with family name masuzawa as i stated this flag came with the outher small riseing sun cloth flags i knew they was to small for kamakazi pilots head bands but i did think possibly they were for the japanese pilots jackets or perhaps naval pilots jackets there is an answer perhaps another member here will post what they were used for many thanks guys god bless andy alfred213

Comment

small japanese silk riseing sun flags

hi members
                        good guess on the head band but as another member said to small for head bands really would love to find out what these small japanese silk cloth riseing sun flags was used for . i was thinking possibly a sewn patch for a pilots jacket appreciate any outher opinions if all fails here i will bring them with me to the sos show there are several dealers i know there that handle only japanese items perhaps they would know thanks all for your help here andy alfred213

Comment

I think that these were identified, somewhere on this forum, as war correspondents badges.
                          Regards,
                          Pete

Comment

Hi,
                            I am with Pete, a fellow member had rolls of unissued insignas like theese. Hé sold them as war correspondant badges.

Regards,
                            Mathieu.

Comment

japanese silk cloth riseing sun small flags

hi martieu /pete
                              thank you for your opinion here on my small silk japanese riseing sun flags now you say these possibly were used for japanese war correspondants badges guss like they were news men or reporters yes . i wonder how they were displayed sewn on thier jackets or possibly put in a plastic pin case to be pinned on thier jacket does that sound about right thanks for your help god bless andy alfred213

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X