Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help please- Andy aka nanny 1

Hi members-
    i could use some help please i own this japanese flag probly 20 years now i had it read about that time by a japanese german ss collector mr. shu was his name thie above is how he translated it for me i was happy he said it was from a japanese submarine number i-47 and he noted all the japanese sailors on this submarine is he correct in this translation sure would appreciate any help thanks god bless - Andy
    Attached Files

Please see comments below, thanks!
    Attached Files

Comment

The translation looks accurate to me. I cannot speak to its veracity -- seems loke too much OPSEC being released to me.

--Guy

Comment

I agree with Guy, lots of information to be given on a flag. With the I-47 being in service from 1943 onward, I would think that would have been a particularly sensitive time for such information to have been shared.

Tom

Comment

japanese naval submarine flag from 1-47

hi members
          thank you for your comments on my japanese submarine flag from the 1-47 like i said i have had this flag for a long time stashed seems every thing gets burried with more items i forget where i bought this sub flag i believe this paper was with it with all this information on it acording to the paper it lists date august 6th 1944 and the naval commanders name hamada kiyohisa is this also on the flag appears this sub was in the water for aprox one year 1943-1944 its an intresting piece of ww2 japanese history thank you so much for your help god bless andy

Comment

bad fake IMO
            What is the Pacific Fleet Command of the Imperial Japanes Navy?
            I have never heard of such an organization of the IJN

Comment

help on japanese flag

Originally posted by Torpedomaat View Post
              bad fake IMO
              hi torpedomaat
              thank you on your post to translate my japanese flag i appreciate any help i could get so you feel its a fake well thats your opinion i dont think so thank you have a great day andy

Comment

Originally posted by Torpedomaat View Post
                bad fake IMO

It seems like a fake to me, too. Some of the kanji (notably the central one) are unbalanced; others seem off in other ways. And the specifics here are a bit TOO specific. An actual specific date with specific fleet number (if that is an accurate number, I don't know)? I doubt very seriously its authenticity.

So many of the inscriptions appear to be in a child's handwriting. Or perhaps a foreigner who was not completely comfortable writing since the different elements come in at strange angles.
                Last edited by imperialjapan; 08-08-2016, 05:09 PM.

Comment

I can't imagine any military officer allowing this type of information to be written on a piece of material so easily captured by the enemy.

-Brian

Comment

Hi Andy,
                    I am afraid you've been had.

Every Japanese including myself will feel uncomfortable with terribly crude handwriting on the flag.
                    It is nonsense that all 17 people who signed a flag do not know the manner of kanji writing.

I-47 was assigned to the 6th fleet. The 6th fleet has not been called "Pacific Fleet".
                    Last edited by Torpedomaat; 08-08-2016, 09:15 PM.

Comment

japanese submarine flag

hi members
                      as i mentioned before this flag has been stashed ever since i bought it probly 25 years ago it was bought at the max show along with a wooden surender tag a helmet and a japanese naval dirk thats when i had mr.chu japanese friend who just read the flag best of his ability . but the above items doesnt make the flag good or bad these things happen this is why we all get the chance to examine and give outhers our valued opinion . i own a japanese sword signed and dated 1860 it measures over 30 inches long fittings are plain no big deal i showed it to several knowledgble people in the japanese sword bussiness and all of them said very unusual to be dated 1860 as at that time period makeing samouri swords were banned but yet this smith made this sword knowing if caught he would face the music **** happnes who knows maybe a rich peasent ordered it the unfortunet thing in todays market nobody wants to pay for quality swords just the polish as every body knows for a long sword is many bucks oh well dont know what to do with my japanese sword collection i need some one serious with money plus plenty of sword parts a lifes collection . to the members who posted thier opinions about my sub flag i want to thank all of you i appreciate all your time to post this information please every one here have a great day thank you andy

Comment

Not sure what the sword has to do with the flag...but you can be assured the latter is a fake.
                        BTW, if you used punctuation (at the very least, periods) in your posts, they would be much easier to read.

Comment

flag information

hi sir
                          thanks for your help here i have it burned in my mind i own nothing but a fake japanese flag so what seems like you care more about my haveing period in my post well listen up here i am 77 years old and to old to learn again i have very little schooling i had to leave school early because my dad had some heart trouble this is why i dont put dots if you feel its not for you then dont read my posts have a great day any ways andy

Comment

OMG, Ok. You are old and had no education. Sorry about that. But mastering the use of periods takes--what? one minute? You can't even learn that? A period is not just a dot. It represents a termination of thought and lets the readers get the message. Every language that I have studied uses them. And I expect every user can at least use them intermittently.

And, yes, the flag is fake.

(Sorry to others that I am so grumpy. But this guy! OMG.)

Comment

hi imperialjapan
                              guess this is your name as i dont see a name for you imperialjapan what a name to go to bed with oh well hi my name is andy and i forget to put the ... in my posts . guess your not a forgiver what you see here on my posts is what i can deliver to bad you wasnt in japan then perhaps you can teach this old fool and yes sorry to all outher nice members here that have posted the best information i really appreciate your efferts i will be back with some intresting japanes ww2 items after a very long time in this great hobby i have met some wonderfull people and some that everything has to be near perfect or it upsets thier days ok every body its my pleasure to post here best andy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X