oorlogsspullen

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Japanese Pattern Dirks by Ken Banks -- any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese Pattern Dirks by Ken Banks -- any good?

I have seen this book for sale off and on and wondered if anyone already has it in their reference library. Is it something worth picking up when found? Does he have quality pictures of dirks outside of the IJN -- Formosa, Manchuria, etc.? Thanks for any help.

Tom

It's and ok book lots of pictures not a lot of information. But it's just about the only book out there.

Comment

The info is little, but ok photos.
      Not listed chronicle.

As Bob said, only book on about dirks. G&F's latest book is still the best.

Comment

Thanks for the information, all, I appreciate it.

Tom

Comment

As I understand It is a photo documentary of Kens collection.There are indeed photos of many unusual dirks including some of the occupied territories. The information is somewhat limited and the author professed that some is speculative, but in my opinion it is an interesting photo comparison of a wide variety of dirks.There was a much wider assortment of Japanese dirks than I ever imagined.The difficulty of obtaining this book is the big problem, as its rarity commands a very high price even used.Regards,Geoff

Comment

Thanks for the info., Geoff. I think the last time I saw this book for sale was at a major gun show, but I don't recall the price. It looks pretty slick, at least from the cover.

Tom

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X