The lanes Armoury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The lanes Armoury

I'm just looking for some opinions here on The lanes Armoury.

They seem to have an excellent inventory of Japanese swords. I do not know any other dealer, in the UK or America, who offer the same vast selection.

Could you take a look at their WW2 swords and let me know your thoughts and the price they are asking.....

Is there other dealers who offer the same I could contact?

Kind regards

Mike

Their prices is generally too high.

Comment

Hello Mike,

I ran an advanced search on them. Results would suggest a certain degree of caution be used when dealing with them.

Their prices seem high in many cases and way over the top in others.

What kind of sword are you currently looking for?

Regards,
      Stu

Comment

The Lanes

I have visited their shop on a number of occasions and it is true, they do have a large amount of stock, some of which is very nice quality. Unlike many general militaria dealers, they do have a good knowledge of Japanese swords. In my opinion however, they use their knowledge to confuse the less informed potential buyer -well that is certainly what I heard occurring during one visit.
        As for their prices - just crazy! Way too high. I have only ever "browsed" and not bought from them.

Comment

Hello

I have visited the shop and it's run by two brothers that are full of personality and character. I bought one sword that I posted on the forum and although honest and original I paid way over the top for it.

If you look at their inventory most of their swords do have that "woodwork fresh" look to them and their swords do include ancestral blades. They must pay a higher than usual price to acquire them.

As usual Stu you are the first to help anyone as you have done before.

Sent you a PM

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Top Buzzer View Post
            excellent inventory of Japanese swords. I do not know any other dealer, in the UK or America, who offer the same vast selection.
            Mike
            You have obviously not heard of Billy Tag
            Knows his swords better than anyone I know, and has "a lot" but 3rd Reich bits-not so good

Comment

I have been a customer of theirs with both my grandfather and dad since before the war and although we agree they have never been accused of being cheap their business methods are faultlessand I would never hesitate to recommend them, and one or two othèrs but they are in Europe.

Comment

Agree Billy tag Liverpool Militaria ,I believe ,knowledgable nice bloke happy to just take a profit not like the lanes who's prices are way over the top

Comment

Check out collectorsmilitaria and artswords.com Bill Rannow is a great guy and always been a good person to deal with.A really stand up guy.Regards,Geoff

Comment

Best to buy from within the uk due to silly uk customs
                    They don't know old from illegal non traditional new and you don't want a confiscation letter or an early morning call!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X