MilitaryStockholm

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Japanese police or Army sword? with odd flower placement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese police or Army sword? with odd flower placement?

Japanese police or Army sword?

Ive looked all around and cant find any references with the Chrysanthemum or cherry blossom on the top of the grip as shown..

What does it mean?

thanks for any info
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

The silver emplem on the backstrap is a family crest, called a Ka-mon. There are a few websites you can prowl to find the family this represents, but my first pass seems to the this one:

https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki...enkatabami.png

I'm on the road and don't have my reference books, but the rest of the guys can tell you the type sword you have there!

Comment

Army parade dress sword.

Comment

Nice Army Parade Sabre Never use Brasso to clean these!!!! or any sword!!! it will wipe the original gilding right off This info is from the book MON The Japanese Family Crest by W.M. Hawley and Kei Kaneda Chappelear Nice swords!,Regards Geoff
            Attached Files

Comment

WOW.. thanks for the great intel.

Not a big Japanese sword guy.. what "ballpark" price should I expect to get for a this sword with the family mon and nice blade?

thanks J

Comment

From my experience these pieces are judged by how much gilding remains on the piece and the condition of the nickel plating on the blade and scabbard.The Mon is a nice bonus.Not quite as sexy as the samurai style to collectors but in good condition 150 + depending on condition. hope that helps. Regards,Geoff

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X