Japanese naval isignia ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese naval isignia ?

I found these along time ago and I forgot I had them but I am not familiar with them other that hat and collar insignia. I have searched and I have not seen this type so any help is greatly appreciated .
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...1&d=1440692141
    Attached Files

I had left this for all the navy collectors on this forum, but no one seems ready to come up with any information, so here they are from the regulation books. The collar patch is for the lowest civilian rank in the navy. In order to differentiate better between combatants and the admin staff than what the 1931 uniform regs allowed, in 1942, the navy gave civilian employees an open collar suit-jacket style uniform, discontinued their shoulder boards and established special collar tabs. Your example is for a 4th class Haninkan grade, the lowest rank.
    Attached Files

Comment

Nice!
      Would the hat then be the same cap as the Navy?

Comment

Yes, Eric you are right. Only for this rank in question the cap wreath was 5mm smaller in width and height.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Komiya View Post
          I had left this for all the navy collectors on this forum, but no one seems ready to come up with any information, so here they are from the regulation books. The collar patch is for the lowest civilian rank in the navy. In order to differentiate better between combatants and the admin staff than what the 1931 uniform regs allowed, in 1942, the navy gave civilian employees an open collar suit-jacket style uniform, discontinued their shoulder boards and established special collar tabs. Your example is for a 4th class Haninkan grade, the lowest rank.
          Thanks Nick if you were closer I would buy you a drink. I have looked around for awhile with no luck.

Comment

Eric, you changed your question by editing, so I answered the wrong question. Like you first asked, the cap wreath was one with two waves in the center, not the usual navy one. It was like this already from the 1931 regs, only this time in '42 they added a pressed metal version.

Comment

Thanks Nick! The second question hit me after I posted and managed to screw up the edit. I've got several caps but because of a lack of research on my part I wasn't that familiar with the rank insignia and uniforms.

Eric

Comment

What does it say about this one?

Comment

Those are bullion anchors for the higher grade tabs for civilians. The lowest grade with this anchor is the tab at the right end of the picture. Higher grades go up to those corresponding to general, but I did not show those.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X