Tenshōzan Forge Kai Gunto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tenshōzan Forge Kai Gunto

Finally got around to taking pics of the rest of the other Naval Tachi parts I posted a couple of days ago.Thanks to all for the help with the translation of the tang and discussion of the Brass Ringed Tsuba. According to the Mei,this piece was forged at the Tenshōzan Forge in August of 1943 and even though I have several other examples of Kai Gunto this one is in the best overall condition of the ones that I have.It is also the only one I have that has the Ashi secured with screws which makes it even more interesting to me.The other interesting thing is that the brass Tsuba has been "Masked off "if you will to reveal a precisely unblackened brass rim around the Tsuba. In the past I considered this caused by normal wear and tear but because this example was in such good condition it was easy to see it had been done intentionally. Gunto also confirmed he has several in his collection with the same feature. I forgot to ask him if his examples also have the screw retention on the Ashi? if so this would tend to indicate a particular manufacturer.I would appreciate hearing from other forum members as to whether or not examples in your collections also have the brass rim or Ashi retained by a single screw.Regards,Geoff
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

`
        Attached Files

Comment

`
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Geoff
            Id trade my left kidney for this beauty, fantastic condition, In a word "Superb"
            I envy you
            Congratulations on a great acquisition.
            All the best
            Frank
            PS as ever wonderful photographs

Comment

Fantastic if I do say so myself!

Bill Rannow
              Mpls, MN

Comment

That's a beauty!!!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                X