Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naval Tassel

Hi
    I'm interested in buying this naval tassel and would be grateful for your opinions. And value please?
    Thanks in advance
    Frank
    Attached Files

pic2

p
    Attached Files

Comment

It looks green, navy ones are brown- cocolate brown.

Comment

Hi Frank, this tassel looks pretty good to me. These can be really tricky as the reproductions are getting so good. Check to see if the slider has cardboard on the inside, a sign of a good one. You may have to look really close to see it. I have heard others say that this particular color is a later war style, and the dark brown would be earlier. I don't know if that's true or not, it could just be an issue of fading. Others would know better.

PG-

Comment

Originally posted by Paul G View Post
          Hi Frank, this tassel looks pretty good to me. These can be really tricky as the reproductions are getting so good. Check to see if the slider has cardboard on the inside, a sign of a good one. You may have to look really close to see it. I have heard others say that this particular color is a later war style, and the dark brown would be earlier. I don't know if that's true or not, it could just be an issue of fading. Others would know better.

PG-
          Thanks Paul
          The tassel is on ebay,
          Regards
          Frank

Comment

IMHO the lighter brown are late war Army and the chocolate brown are Navy. That looks like a late war Army tassel on the screen I'm viewing it on. How does it look to you Frank?

Regards,
            Stu

Comment

Originally posted by Stu W View Post
              IMHO the lighter brown are late war Army and the chocolate brown are Navy. That looks like a late war Army tassel on the screen I'm viewing it on. How does it look to you Frank?

Regards,
              Stu
              Hi Stu
              The tassel was on ebay, I didn't win it.
              Thanks anyway
              Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Stu W View Post

Regards,
                Stu
                OK, I see where I was confused a bit. I remember reading an assessment that Stu made on a tassel. Stu said "late war", but was referring to this type of tassel being found on type 3 Shin Gunto, which are Army. I mistook that for late war Navy..... It all makes sense now. I have seen this color attatched to type 3 Shin Gunto, as Stu mentions. I will of course defer all my sword klnowledge, which would fit into a thimble with room left over, to our more experienced sword collectors here. We have a treasure trove of knowledgable sword collectors here

PG-

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                X