Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tanto with signature

Hello gentlemen,
    i don t know if i posted in the right area,cause this is not a military sword.
    Anyway,i bought that today for a fake,and when i dissassembled it ,was looking good.
    All comments very welcome.
    Thanks for looking.

IMG_20150430_163136.jpg

IMG_20150430_163147.jpg

[ATTACH]3212455[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3212456[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]3212457[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3212458[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]3212459[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3212460[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]3212461[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3212462[/ATTACH]

Comment

Sorry to say its a Chinese fake.

Bill Rannow
            Mpls, MN

Comment

So,
              i paid for a fake,i received a fake

but,when i removed the handle,i realy had to clean the end of the blade,where was the signature,it was completely rusted.
              can you explain me more about it is a fake,to learn something

thanks a lot

Comment

Originally posted by Philippe Gérard View Post
                So,
                i paid for a fake,i received a fake

but,when i removed the handle,i realy had to clean the end of the blade,where was the signature,it was completely rusted.
                can you explain me more about it is a fake,to learn something

thanks a lot
                大河内常平
                Ōkōchi Tsunehira

Ōkōchi was a 20th century author whose books are available on Japanese Amazon.co.jp

Google Translate:
                Okochi Tsunehira

Real name Yamada Tsunehira. 1925 (die 14), was born in Tokyo. Family is the immediate follower bannermen that serve the Shoin number of Tokugawa family, paternal grandfather Tokugawa Ie-tachi Duke of childhood friend. Maternal grandfather Tanaka Senkikori founded the large Japan tea ceremony Society. After the Nihon University College of Art Degree, formed by taking advantage of the bulk and the US military of civilian guard. Member of the patriotic student federation. Alias ​​Cruz Hayami.

1950 (Akira 25), qualifying prize to one million yen Competition A grade of "man of crutches" and "jewel".

1952 (Akira 27), "Red Moon" which was published in the "jewel" is two-seat prize of one million yen contest. In addition, it is recorded in the "detective story Yearbook 1953 version" of detective writer club.

Was published in 1955 (Akira 30) to the "jewel", "Death of Colonel Clay" is 1956 (Akira 31), he became a candidate for the 9th Japan detective writer Club Award. In addition, it is recorded in the "detective story Yearbook 1956 version" of Japan detective writer club.

Was published in 1956 (Akira 31) to the "jewel", "Mu of whistle" is included on "detective novels Yearbook 1957 version" of Japan detective writer club.
                Was published in 1957 (Akira 32) to the "jewel", "Awa Kuniju Hiromasa" becomes a candidate for the 11th Japan detective writer Club Award in 1958 (Akira 33). It is simultaneously recorded in the "detective story Yearbook 1958 version" of Japan detective writer club.

1958 (Akira 33), especially in the Kikuo Tsunoda, Kyosuke Kusuda, Nakajima Kawataro, Yuzo Chiyo, shade Takekichi, Yamada KazeTaro, formed the "Association of example" reunion with Yamamura Masao et al.

He wrote a customs basis of detective novels. Bestowed the Okuden of swords appraisal, [Guy says: Okuden is the highest level] also famous for its military collection. Also known as eccentric. One o'clock, there also has been studied with Okada Shachihoko彦. It is accepted for the sweepstakes novel of "All 読切" in addition to.
                1986 (Akira 61), died of pneumonia.

Comment

...can you explain me more about it is a fake,to learn something.
                  Putative date on blade:
                  天正9年八月
                  Tensho 9 Year 8 Month
                  August 1581

I cannot address blade characteristics, etc., .... but to me:

1. The rust/pitting is too light for something alledgedly over 400 years old. The rust looks artificial. It might be acceptable for early 20th century. [Experts: please tell us to what period this "rust" could accurately represent.]

2. The tang is poorly shaped. It even seems to flare a bit at the bottom -- but that might just be how it looks on my screen; there seems to be a slight "waist" or indented area near the bottom. If this were repurposed by a Japanese smith, the bottom of the tang would be much more elegant and tapering.

3. I can't make out the hamon ... especially the yokote [that 90º angle line near the tip]. Usually -- even with swords in poor polish -- the yokote can be easily seen.

4. The name/date engravings are poorly executed, small, and (I think) too close to the back of the tang. If you look at most signatures, they generally are centered down the ridge line.

5. I won't comment on the scabbard and fittings, because even a national treasure could be dressed like a beggar -- but still be a national treasure.

6. The "swordmaker" name is actually that of a well-known Japanese author.

Experts: what did I omit? Or, did I include anything bogus?

--Guy
                  Last edited by GHP; 04-30-2015, 12:53 PM.

Comment

More comments ?
                    thanks for looking
                    Philippe

Comment

More comments ?
                      thanks for looking
                      Philippe
                      Its a fake.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X