Type 90 helmet - opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Type 90 helmet - opinions?

Looks like the helmet was period re-painted? Olive drab over black?
    Attached Files

-
    Attached Files

Comment

Anyone?
      Attached Files

Comment

Wow, a tough crowd here. I guess I'll have to ask somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by daggervez View Post
          Not really a tough crowd, just not as active as other sub forums here. I will give it a shot, hopefully your still around to read it, and not just moved on so quickly. I am not really sure I like the over paint, and wouldn't necessarily call it wartime. It looks a little too shiny for me to be wartime. As far as the black?? look up black painted Japanese helmets on the search feature of this forum. The color of the helmet on the outside, as well as being too shiny, is also a color found on earlier made helmets, I think 1939 and earlier. The liner with the pieced together leather pieces, is often found in helmets of the 1943-45 time frame, when leather was getting harder to find. Add all these little things up and I think you have a helmet with some possible issues. Maybe not what you wanted to hear, but thats my assessment.

PG-

Comment

The black overpaint helmets usually were only painted on exterior. I can't recall seeing a black painted interior. The exterior paint might be OK. Perhaps oiled or waxed. The star seems to have lost it's paint

Comment

Is the star moveable? Little Lose?

Comment

"Tough crowd", or you being impatient?

You are asking for information, which this community generously gives for free.

Seems to me, your options are: Pay for an appraisal, risk getting burnt, or show a little appreciation.

Good luck.

Originally posted by daggervez View Post

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X