IJN helmet insignia check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IJN helmet insignia check

Hello everyone, How does this T90 helmet insignia look to you guys? I don't know these very well, but from doing a study of these using the search function, this one looks good. Your input is greatly appreciated, as I would like to add an IJN helmet to my collection someday. Thansk for any input,

PG-
    Attached Files

Badge

In my opinion this is a reproduction. These were first made in the late 1960's, 40 years later they are starting to look real. The fakes have a very flat appearance. originals have a domed or curved appearance following the contour of the helmet shell.

Jim
    JapaneseOrdnance at Yahoo.com

Comment

Bad

Comment

Color

Question: You can see the color of the insignia is a bit green, where the helmet is a bit tan. Should star or anchor insignia match the color of the helmet, or were they painted separately? I know, freshman level question; but inquiring minds want to know.

Comment

Yes, they should match. The later steel anchors do take paint slightly differently. Another thing to check are the indentations of the insignia prongs on interior of leather liner band. They should match in length & fit

Comment

Thank you, Jareth.

Comment

Thank you everybody for the comments. I thought it was OK because the balls on the cherry blossom didn't look flat. Still got a lot to learn! Thank you so much!

PG-

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X