No announcement yet.

Landing Force helmet with white stripe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liner looks like a naval finished product. All you would have to do is peak under front pad to see if ink stamped. I will let the others comment on white band & purpose. Is that a touch up spot on white band? At this point I would like to hear opinions on white paint from some of the hardcore German collectors who have seen this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Striking 9th View Post
      Liner looks like a naval finished product. All you would have to do is peak under front pad to see if ink stamped. I will let the others comment on white band & purpose. Is that a touch up spot on white band? At this point I would like to hear opinions on white paint from some of the hardcore German collectors who have seen this thread.
      What looks like a touchup spot in the photos is much less white in person. I used flash on the exterior shots which is why the slightly lighter streak there lit up like that.

Comment

I just took a nicer picture of the streak. You can see it was painted with the same brush, as there is the one line that is thicker that you can see repeated throughout.

Here is an unresized image:
        http://i.imgur.com/tx7Sapb.jpg
        Last edited by GeneralCheese; 12-08-2014, 10:36 PM.

Comment

What is interesting is that it appears the white is carefully painted around the stenciled anchor rather than the anchor being painted over the white band. I like it more and more. Is there an anchor stamp embossed on the liner band?

Comment

Thanks for the additional photos. Liner looks to be navy.....from the photos it seems to be period done. I would see no reason for a vet to paint a white line around the helmet...since it is obvious that the Army did it why not one Navy guy for a specific purpose such as training etc.....obvioiusly it is not the norm but!

Best, David.

Comment

Off and on I have owned around 70 German helmets in my lifetime so hardcore I don't know. The only white banned TR helmets I know of are light weight Luftwaffe airfield fireman helmets. The ones I handled are generally black with a Luft adler and silver or white band. I fail to see the connection to this helmet. Conjecture....Beachmaster, SP, Firewatch, Air raid Officer... Ron.

Comment

Ken B. has a M 35 police helmet with a white band around center

Comment

Originally posted by Jareth View Post
                  Ken B. has a M 35 police helmet with a white band around center
                  What does it have to do with a Japanese helmet?

Comment

Considering all the pure speculation ....about as much as you mentioning Luftwaffe fire helmets. Many countries used white stripes. They are meant to be more visible. Until some new info comes to light or period photos surface we'll never know for sure

Comment

They have the burden of having to dissect any and every new variant that pops up ex: paint. That is something Japanese collectors have not had to go through yet. I have also read page after page about white paint on snow camos ect. It was just a thought. Are you friends with the owner? Is that the reason you have been an attack dog the entire time this thread has been running? I have said that I am liking this helmet already. Call off the dogs.

Comment

Now there's some pretzel logic. Comparing oranges to apples. I understand not wanting to walk back misguided criticism of the helmet to save your ego, but it's silly. Come on.

Comment

They have the burden of having to dissect any and every new variant that pops up ex: paint. That is something Japanese collectors have not had to go through yet. I have also read page after page about white paint on snow camos ect. It was just a thought. Are you friends with the owner? Is that the reason you have been an attack dog the entire time this thread has been running? I have said that I am liking this helmet already. Call off the dogs.
                          Now you are being paranoid. Never met him. I just think the helmet is original. All the best Ron.
                          Last edited by Ron P; 12-09-2014, 08:04 PM.

Comment

I already apologized & admitted my initial opinion based on terrible photos was wrong. You obviously are more talented at detecting rare, unusual, untypical helmets from fuzzy photos. I congratulated the owner on his great helmet. I owe you absolutely nothing other than hope you'll take the advice to please go back to collecting German helmets & give us all a break
                            Last edited by Jareth; 12-09-2014, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jareth View Post
                              I already apologized & admitted my initial opinion based on terrible photos was wrong. I congratulated the owner on his great helmet. I owe you absolutely nothing other than hope you'll take the advice to please go back to collecting German helmets & give us all a break
                              Ouch! Actually I think You and I could be good friends. Merry Christmas, Ron.

Comment

Very nice helmet. I would have grabbed it if I'd seen it first. Well done!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X