Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is this flag good?

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_168/1...Luck_Flag.html

Okay .... a link to a page where I have to select another link.

Post the photo here and I'll tell you to whom it was presented and perhaps some other things that I can read. [Yes, it's good -- and the gifter is a known person in the government horse agency].

--Guy

Comment

馬政局

[preview]

The flag was presented in the name of the Secretary (as in Cabinet-level) of Military Horse Affairs -- BaSeiKyoku -- or however 馬政局 translates into English.

On the list of Secretaries 馬政局長官 you will find his name:

良一:1942年3月9日 - 1944年9月30日
      Kishi Ryoichi [or Yoshikazu; Yoshiichi]
      I'm guessing at the pronunciations -- they are multiple!

1941 newspaper image of Mr. Kishi -- middle row, middle photo -- before he was the Secretary:

http://133.30.51.93/das/jsp/ja/Conte...AGE_FILE&POS=1

馬政局(ばせいきょく)は大日本帝国における軍馬の改良育種を目的とした行政機関のひとつで、1906年から19 23年および1936年から1945年にかけて設置され、初期は省庁に準ずる機関であり、後に陸軍省外局・ 農林省外局となった

BaSeiKyoku is one of the government agencies for the purpose of improving the breeding of horses in the Empire of Japan, is active between 1906-1923 and 1936-1945. Early it was an organization equivalent to Ministry of Government Horses [ghp: or perhaps "horse political situation?"], and became a Department of the Army and Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry affiliated agency later.

Source
      There are a couple of army majors [correction: 中佐 -- Lt. Col, 2 each; 少将 -- Major General, 1 each.] and (I think) a general named on the flag.

[/preview]

--Guy
      ----
      Last edited by GHP; 10-14-2014, 10:43 PM.

Comment

thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by keith View Post
          thank you!
          What's the story here? I just saw it sold here on 24 March 2014. The seller's description is accurate.

?????

Did I just waste a couple of hours of MY time?????

--Guy

Comment

I didn't see that it was sold. I'm sorry That is not the site I found it on I saw it on ar15.com Usually on that site if its sold its in the heading in the ad, looking back at it I see several paragraphs down that it was sold, I was going to make an offer on it

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X