Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another IJN cap

Hello friends
    I bought this cap yesterday in E-Stand (thanks Chris ) and before it get in my hands I need your help to know more details.
    first , what means the kanji inside of the cap?
    Any other information about the cap will be welcome
    thank you
    Eduard
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Collector applied Insignia imo.

Comment

The kanji are too fuzzy for me to read. When you get it, please take a clear photo and then we have a better chance at decyphering it.

--Guy

Comment

Insignia looks like it was sewn on post war incorrectly & as result has distorted shape of cap. Not such a scarce cap that a better example can't be found

Comment

IJ Type III Cap

Hello,

I am the owner and seller of this cap. And I am posting photos for your opinions. The faded green to yellowish stitching looks very old and is all hand sewn. I have a good camera, but can't get it to focus on the hand stitching around the BEVO officer's anchor insignia.

Chris
              Attached Files
              Last edited by MilitaryCollect; 10-13-2014, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Insignia
                Attached Files

Comment

There are 2 separate stamps. A larger which has the number "18" or "19" and at least two hand-written kanji characters. A small stamp is also clearly visible which I believe may have been the officer's personal stamp. (Taken with flash).

i trust in the expert opinions here and if Eduard is not comfortable, I am most happy to refund his money now or at any time that he likes.

Respectfully,

Chris
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by MilitaryCollect; 10-13-2014, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Ijn type iii officer cap

Contrast between exterior and interior (without flash).

The exterior is faded almost to white and while the interior in very green. And it does not appear to have been played with. In my honest opinion, this is a been there cap - a real tropical worn IJN type III officer.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by MilitaryCollect; 10-13-2014, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Insignia would be originally machine sewn. Impossible to say with certainty when insignia was reapplied & by whom

Comment

Jareth,

You are an expert in the field. And I thank you for looking.

Chris

Comment

Hello friends ,
                          I regret that my interest in getting to know more things about this cap, I have just bought recentlly, raised a doubt about if I'm comfortable with the purchase.
                          I´m a novice collector in Japanese militaria and I like to learn.
                          I have already replied to Chris in private for his " peace of mind "
                          Thank you all for the interest and I will keep asking!
                          Best regards
                          Eduard

Comment

The name in the second line from the left looks like:

新田
                            Arata / Shinta / Shinda/ Shinden / Niita / Niida ... and various other different prounciations.

I had to play with the lighting before even seeing that. Unfortunately, the other kanji are still too fuzzy for me to read, even after playing with color/lighting.

--Guy

Comment

Hello,

The cap was shipped early today. But here's some extra pics. What would the numbers "18" or "19" denote?

Thank you,

Chris
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by MilitaryCollect; 10-14-2014, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 0 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X