Woohoo! My business Card Worked!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woohoo! My business Card Worked!

After giving out close to 100 cards I finally scored! A nice conditioned Type 95! Numbers match and it has an interesting serial number stamping. It almost falls of the edge!Going to the house this weekend to look at "The one in the black and red wooden case" Wish me luck!!! Geoff
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

'
      Attached Files

Comment

Looks like a Tokyo First Arsenal piece in good condition. Congratulations.

Regards,
        Stu

Comment

Very nice Geoff!

Comment

Nice sword! Tough to find 'em w/ such nice hilt finish remaining. Good catch!!

Comment

Nice score Geoff Can't wait to see the other one.

PG-

Comment

Days like those are few and far between. When they do happen it is friggin awesome!!!! Congrats on an awesome hit!!

Comment

Fantastic condition, great find Geoff!

Regards

Russ

Comment

Nice iron tsuba variant. Congrats on the card working as well !

Comment

They don't get much nicer than that. Excellent piece!

Comment

hmmm just great

nice

greetings Bruno

Comment

Just got in a little while ago and now have one heck of a headache from smelling Acetone.I was able to pick up the second sword from my business card call.Not exactly what I had hoped for but I am still tickled! at least the vet had the for-sight to coat the blade with cosmoline back in the day.It will most likely take another day to get it all off but I am anxious to get some feedback.The woman did not know where the tsuba was but will call if she finds it blade is unsigned and there are a couple of very tiny nail draggers on the edge and a little shallow pitting near the kissaki but overall in pretty nice shape all things considered.The theme on the fittings is water buffalo and what appears to be weeping willow trees The water buffalo menuki have tiny gold eyes and one has a gold ring in his nose! I hope the woman can find the tsuba! Laquer on the saya has some damage and is definitely "Loud and proud!" I realize it is difficult to tell much from the photographs especially with cosmoline film on parts of the blade.It is hard as a rock and very slow to soften!I will try to post better pictures when I can I don't want to rush and damage anything and the blade is still like a razor! I would appreciate any comments and info on possible schools and period of manufacture.All comments are always welcomed as I am beginning to dig deeper into learning more about hand forged blades. Thanks in advance,Geoff
                          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

'
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X