helmet on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

helmet on ebay

Thinking about bidding on this, but I've never seen a liner like it has and I'm suspicious of the star. Is this some rare canvas liner? I've never seen one like it but I'm a rookie at this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Imperial-Jap...3D191319340232

Never seen that lining before , however it all looks good and I suspect the end price will be very high . Rob
    God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

thai helmet question

I posted in an earlier thread that I'm looking for a type 90 thai military convert. I found this on ebay and I'm wondering if it could be a thai convert and the seller has it wrong about being a Japanese helmet; is the shell here a type 90 shell or one of those civilian defense shells? I can't tell by the pics.....
      http://www.ebay.com/itm/251644079988...84.m1423.l2649

Comment

The first helmet is a good Japanese helmet
        The second helmet not even close to being Japanese or Thai.

Everyone Type 90 with this type of liner I've seen is dated 1939. The Thai conversions are very easy to spot: there is a French pattern liner like the one you were bidding on and the US webbing pattern that looks almost identical to the US M-1 helmet liner webbing.

Comment

The Japanese did produce combat helmets with this type of canvas liner. They are rare. This seems to be an original canvas liner helmet. The star looks original, it could be an original replacedment. Hard to say. The paint, sraps and the liner look good to me. We need Jareth to comment.

Jim
          JapaneseOrdnance at Yahoo.com

Comment

I own two examples. These are late war. Not to be confused with 1939 earlier canvas liners.

Comment

The second helmet appears to be a Swedish helmet that someone has worked on to make it appear Japanese, they missed by a mile.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
              X