more

more
    Attached Files

Comment

last

last
      Attached Files

Comment

The last item is a bleaching powder pouch for decontamination.
        http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...econtamination

Comment

wow

tnks I would have never guessed.. chad

Comment

I wonder if the hanko (name stamp) belonged to the same officer.

Comment

Is there any writing on the back of the officer's photo?

Tom

Comment

us vets dog tag

usmc I think june 15 was the first day of the invasion of sipan
                Attached Files

Comment

more pix

daasd
                  Attached Files

Comment

Bring Back Grouping...

Chadaz34-
                    I enjoyed the photo postcards of the beautiful Japanese women. The Japanese military did not normally allow their military men to take "cheese cake" images of women into the field. I say normally because I have a photo or two that actually shows various IJA men in their field quarters with scantily clad ladies, pinned to the wall!
                    Anyway, Japanese soldiers and sailors were more often provided this wholesome type of image, like those that you posted. They were usually delivered, via the care packages that were sent into the field from home. Some of the women pictured became rather famous, while others were actresses/models, etc. to begin with. There is a postcard grouping of one such woman, posing with various images of senninbari (one-thousand stitch belts.) She is quite fetching, and I'm sure her image was meant to provide that "mom and apple pie" sort of longing that our U.S. guys got from their pin ups and other mass produced images.
                    Thanks for sharing.

MikeB

Comment

Guys will be guys in any army...

"Japanese soldiers and sailors were more often provided this wholesome type of image" ~ Nice insight, MikeB. That is why they are in such good condition....no one took them out and gazed longingly. Betty Grable swimsuit pics, of course, were all dirty about the buttockal area because the guys gave her a low-five as they walked by!

Mike

Comment

Those photos of stars were typical contents of the Comfort Bags sent to the front from home.
                        Here a photo showing the bags in the back with typical contents
                        Attached Files

Comment

Here, some more photos in sequence from home to the front
                          Attached Files

Comment

See the happy soldier in the foreground with the star portrait, who is being offered a pack of caramels as a swap.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Bring Back Grouping

Nick-
                              Thanks for the post in #12; absolutely beautiful women!

Mike-
                              You're right about the pin-ups of Bettly Grable, Veronica Lake and others, etc. A swat on the fanny was just a mental reminder to the soldier or sailor that eventually he would be home to his sweetheart....to once again, take care of business!

MikeB

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X