Billy Kramer

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

STRANGE CAP w/ KANJI TO FRONT FOR ID HELP...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STRANGE CAP w/ KANJI TO FRONT FOR ID HELP...

Hello folks. I got a small estate grouping today consisting of photos, paper, etc, and also including a couple of Japanese soft caps. One is a standard fare (albeit quite nice), visor cap. The other is this odd-ball, the likes of which I've NOT seen before. Is it even military, or perhaps a school, factory worker??? I've no idea. It doesn't appear to have ever been worn and is flat from many decades of storage. It has Kanji on the front in bright yellow characters. It has no provisions for a chinstrap, and has 4 brown painted metal vent grommets, 2 per side. The sweat band appears to be a light grayish material. There is a simple black lace tie-closure in the rear. Any ideas?? I'm assuming that the large central figure is actually a number "7"?? Thanks in advance for any help.
    Attached Files

Post-war civilian worker's cap for a Kuribayashi, working for some company called Maru-Shichi, as represented in the logo in the middle. That logo is quite common and used today by many shops and companies such as a Rahmen Noodle Shop, Miso Shop, Production Machinery Co. etc so there is no telling which company/shop it came from.

Comment

Thank you Nick! Appreciate the id.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X