BunkerMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Japanese Medal Group with Wound badge and Doc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese Medal Group with Wound badge and Doc.

Just picked this nice group up. It certainly out of estate in Massachusetts. It has a nice cased wound badge and the wound certificate. Going to look great with the collection.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Looking good!

Sen-sho or Ko-sho?

Regards,
      Stu

Comment

Post closer photos of the right side of the document. Wound/injury details are there.

Comment

I should have it the first of the week. I will take nice close pics. Thanks for the info.

Shawn

Comment

Though printed, the left most signature is how a so-called Tojo flag should be embellished.

Comment

Document
              Attached Files

Comment

more
                Attached Files

Comment

Interesting citation. Dated June 18, 1941, but for war wounds from the 1904 Russo Japanese War in which he took a bullet through his right elbow and a bad crush wound to the upper left thigh in the vicinity of Mukden, which left him with a serious handicap. As of 1941 he was a holder of an 8th class order and no longer active, which begs the question how did he get the Rising Sun 7th class and the later war medals? Obviously, I think it is a grouping from various people put together. He would have been in his 50s for the war medals.

Comment

Thanks Nick I am sure your right. Thats ok I was after the wound badge and document anyway. The rest will just add to the collection. Thanks again for your info!!

Shawn

Comment

Welcome. That Tojo signature does not look printed, but hand done, doesn't it?

Comment

Nick are talking about the Red Box in the corner? It looks like a stamp but all the Black writing is most definitely hand done.

Comment

I wonder if the little one (next to the wound badge) is numbered and has mark "pure silver" at reverse.
                          Most likely it was issued by Kasuga branch of Wounded Warriers Association.
                          If I remember correctly it should be only 12 mm in diameter.

Cheers,
                          Nick
                          Last edited by JapanX; 09-06-2014, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Nick yes its very small and marked 91,here are some pics
                            Attached Files

Comment

Back on the Bigger one
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X