Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese Medal (?)

Hello all,
    can anyone tell me what this medal is? It was sold to me as a WW2 Japanese Order of the Kite, but I know too little about Japanese orders.

Regards
    Chris
    Attached Files

Reverse:
    Attached Files

Comment

Front:
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi-
        This is an award for participation in the China Incident, and a fairly common medal (but nice). I have one and know where three others are -all boxed.
        Last edited by IMPERIAL QUEST; 11-29-2004, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by webr55
          It was sold to me as a WW2 Japanese Order of the Kite
          Hello Chris,

I have to agree with Steven on this medal. It is fairly common because every soldier was awarded such a medal when they departed for China. It commemorates the Japanese presence and acts in China from 1937 untill 1945.
          I hope you didn't pay too much for it since it was presented to you as order of the golden kite .
          These have seven classes with the first class being the most valuable and most expensive...
          Nevertheless, your cased 'China Incident War Medal' looks very fine and I hope you enjoy it!

Cheers,
          Laurens

Comment

Hello Laurens,
            thanks, it was not too much. I somehow suspected that this wasn't the Golden Kite. I still like it.
            Here is the case, BTW:

Regards
            Chris
            Attached Files

Comment

The case is in very nice condition-I have seen a lot of these all of a sudden recently. Until about 3 months ago, I would see them from time to time. Now, they seem to be everywhere, makes me wonder if someone stumbled upon a surplus stockpile of them? I would say a fair price would be about $40.00 or so. If you had the original printed protective paper that came with the medal, you could probably add about 10 to 15% to the price. Although common, they are still neat pieces of history, nicely struck and well-made. Enjoy.

Comment

Hello Steven,
                almost exactly what I paid. No paper, though. But it's a nice piece.

Regards
                Chris

Comment

Nice looking one. I have one but not as in nice condition.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X