Japanese WWII Wicker Helmet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese WWII Wicker Helmet?

Found at a thrift shop. I just thought it was something. A collecting buddy thought maybe Viet Minh. Searching this forum I found Japanese wicker helmets that appear quite close to this. Is it? All comments welcome. daniel palmer817j
    Attached Files

Backside.
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I did see some faint Asian markings at the interior crown but to faint to photo.
        Attached Files

Comment

Last photo.
          Attached Files

Comment

Modern Chinese construction helmet?
            LARGE image
            I met this bicycle delivery guy Thursday in the southeastern city of Putian in Fujian province. Wood carving and furniture making is a huge industry there. His helmet reminded me of the discussion the other day about how helmets are just for Americans, who tend to focus on the scary, dangerous aspects of cycling rather than the health benefits. To be fair, this isn’t a Chinese-style bike helmet. It’s one commonly used by construction workers. It’s light and cool, though I don’t think the wicker shell offers much protection. I looked inside of one once, and it didn’t have any kind of frame that would provide any reinforcement against a brick or beam falling from the top of a building. But hey, it’s a cool-looking brain bucket.

source
            --Guy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X