Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small grouping

Hi,

Here is a small grouping from a US veteran wich was in the Anti-Tank Company of the 136TH Combat Infantry Regiment (33rd ID) and fought in New Guinea and the Philippines.

A Japanese Id tag he put alongside his own.

73 9 ? 505

With a single 0 on the reverse. I guess that the top character on the right is the unit codename but I can't find it.

A small flag (the size is right to fit on a Arisaka bayonet:

A small handkerchief (15cmx15cm)

The missing part on the left:

And the soldier who might have been the previous owner of these items:

There was also a collar tab from a Japanese "superior private" (3 stars) and a lot of personnal pics of the US soldier.

I would like some help with the handkerchief and the ID tag.
    Thanks and best regards,
    Cyril

Nice grouping! Your Japanese tag is for a member of the 75th Inf. Regiment, 19th Division (Tora is the code kanji on the tag) last located on Luzon. 9th Company, Soldier #73.

0 on reverse most likely blood type.

Tom

Comment

That's a really touching grouping. The photo speaks volumes, these things need to remain in our collective consciousness so we don't continue to ruin successive generations. I feel sad for the parties on both sides of that photo.

Rod

Comment

Thanks to both of you.
        Mr Wilcox was involved in the battle of Baguio so he fought against the 19th division.

I don't know why the Japanese ID tag was so important to him that he linked it with this own maybe it was the one of the Japanese soldier pictured.

But yes this photo is very moving.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X