Type 26 Revolver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Type 26 Revolver

Yet another honor bestowed on me by a very close friend.It was sent home in the footlocker with the personal effects of his Uncle who was MIA for many years after the war. Several years back the aircraft and crew remains were located and the crewmen's remains were returned to be interred in Arlington with Full Military Honors. I was given the sword when I went to the funeral of his Father. Today I have my very first Japanese pistol! It will be well cared for.
    Attached Files

more
    Attached Files

Comment

very nice

Comment

Agree, very nice pistol.

Comment

These pistols are common BUT extremely rare to find in excellent, minty condition! Especially the earlier variation with checkered grips. Congrats! Most are found in very worn condition.

Comment

nice pistol....thanks for sharing.

David.

Comment

Finally!!! I lost sleep over this one! on doing some research on the Type 26 I posted earlier, I stumbled across a holster that just happened to match the condition of the pistol! The price was crazy high but I knew my chances to ever upgrade would be next to impossible! There were quite a few watchers so I lost sleep that night thinking about it. Long story short...I bought it and the two will live together Happily ever after! I am hoping by sliding the pistol into the holster the two will conceive and give birth to a strong healthy cleaning rod and a sweet little lanyard! Happy Hunting! G.
              Attached Files

Comment

More
                Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Lovely set Geoff!

Comment

great set,,,

thanks for posting

greetings bruno

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Geoff That is the nicest type 26 I have ever seen!

Bill Rannow
                          Mpls, MN
                          www.collectorsmilitaria.com

Comment

Beautiful, both, pistol and holster. Thanks for sharing

Comment

Thanks for all the nice comments. I know the earliest lanyards we a blackish color like the early holsters, would it be correct to assume that a Type 14 style lanyard would be period correct being as these weapons were also used during WWII?
                              or was there a specific lanyard made for this weapon? Thanks, Geoff

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X