IJA Officers Tunic w/Boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IJA Officers Tunic w/Boots

My father was looking for a nice officer tunic that had a nice used look to it for a display and came across this one. He will be putting together a mannequin display soon enough. I was looking at the detail in quality and it is a very nicely made officers tunic. Stitching on the breast area are still there for the officers ribbon rack/medals/badges. Collar tabs look old and seem to match the age of the uniform but I'm always so weary on collar tabs on uniforms. These collar tabs are not stitched in each corner, yet the are stitched on in a rectangular shape. Inside is named as well as the boots that came with them. Not sure if the boots belonged to the same officer. It would be very unlikely. If anyone could help me out with the translation that would be greatly appreciated. Will add more photos once my dad sets up his IJA Officer display. Thanks for looking.

Comment

The name in the jacket is different than the writing in the boots. The jacket belonged to someone whose family name begins with ~ "Sasa~" ... I cannot make out that second kanji. Something similar to 笹堂 "Sasadou" but not the same. But we all know how easy it is to draw the wrong conclusion based on a "it looks similar to...." case like this.

The boots belong to someone with the first name 文男 Fumio. The family name definitely is NOT "Sasa~".

--Guy

Comment

Collar tabs look post war added to me.

Comment

Thanks so much Guy San!! Ill keep the translation on a piece of paper inside the pocket.

Jareth, that was what I was thinking as well as the stitching doesn't look like what you've mentioned before to look for(the corner stitched method where its tacked in each of the corners).

I will follow up with a post of the display once its put together.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X