Japanese Field Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese Field Cap

I bought this on the forum a few months ago and just wanted to get more info about it. All the other caps I see have stamp inside cap. This one doesn't. I guess it has faded. I know the star is not original. I bought it knowing that. Also I got a repro chin strap for it but I can't seem to get it on. It just doesn't have a place to attach to the cap. Any help is appreciated.

hello

is there not a small stamp on the bacside from the leather sweatband, (size)

greetings bruno

Comment

Looks like I see the holes for chinstrap buttons. Also noticed havelock loops?

Comment

Originally posted by Jareth View Post
        Looks like I see the holes for chinstrap buttons. Also noticed havelock loops?
        Me too.

Comment

No worries, you have an original EM/NCO field cap. Nice that the tie ribbon is still intact. I've just compared it to my 1944 cap and the stitching under the brim is the same, as is the stitching around the vent holes and rear adjustment tie on yours.

As has already been noted you have the havelock loops and holes for the chinstrap, which are about an inch back from the edges where the peak joins the cap. The rivets that join the chinstrap to the cap should have two flat prongs that are bent back after they are inserted into the aforementioned hole.

The star appears to be from an earlier visor cap. If you are interested 'Stewart's Military ...' has original period EM/NCO yellow felt stars for replacement at a reasonable price.

Everything appears correct, issue stamps aside. Your cap seems to be of pretty decent wool, mine has such a high rag content that the moths didn't bother with it although they enjoyed the crap out of the yellow felt star.

Hope that helps, Rod

Comment

Wow. Great info guys. Yes the hikes are there. I may try get another star for it. I can't find a size anywhere on it. Thanks for all the great comments.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X