Ratisbons

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Japanese booklet(?) need identification.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese booklet(?) need identification.

Hello! I have absolutely no idea what it is... Look like booklet.

List of holidays/feast on the penultimate page?

Thanks for your answers.

That is a pamphlet from a manufacturer of silk fabric propounding the virtues of silk as a material for national flags. According to it, cotton and muslin had been hitherto the prevailing choice of material for Japanese national flags and silk had been considered a decadent luxury. This is trying to change the mindset of consumers to buy silken flags and contribute to the national policy of reducing dependency on imported cotton. Read the fieldcap history for additional background http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...t=helmet+cover
    I was not aware that the silk industry had to have a campaign to persuade people to buy silken flags, so this is quite interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Komiya View Post
      That is a pamphlet from a manufacturer of silk fabric propounding the virtues of silk as a material for national flags. According to it, cotton and muslin had been hitherto the prevailing choice of material for Japanese national flags and silk had been considered a decadent luxury. This is trying to change the mindset of consumers to buy silken flags and contribute to the national policy of reducing dependency on imported cotton. Read the fieldcap history for additional background http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...t=helmet+cover
      I was not aware that the silk industry had to have a campaign to persuade people to buy silken flags, so this is quite interesting.

Thank you Nick!

Is it possible to determine the period of the production of this pamphlet? He looks old, maybe pre-war?

Comment

From the 1930s I would guess.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X