Tokashiki Shima Surrender Document

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tokashiki Shima Surrender Document

I acquired this in the early 1990's from one of the large militaria auction houses.

On line digging verifies that Yo****sugu Akamatsu was the ranking officer on Tokashiki island and commander of the 3rd Sea Raiding Regiment no.16779 in 1945. Years later there was a lawsuit over 400 or so civilian suicides that Akamatsu was alleged to have been responsible for.

All I can find of Lt. Col., later Colonel H.A.N. Connolly is that he became became commander of Fort McCoy, Wisconson from 1963 to 1965.

This document is an adjutant's mimeographed copy. what interests me is I have never been able to make much of the Japanese writing[IMG][/IMG], except for the numbers. Any assistance would be much appreciated.

There is a small strip not included on the bottom but no significant additional info missing.

Apologies for not seemingly being able to post an image.

Comment

You need to become an associate member by paying the $25 fee. Then you will be able to post.
      See here http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...isplay.php?f=8

Comment

Thanks so much Nick, I feel foolish for not realizing. If a moderator would like to remove this thread I have no objection, in fact it would be a relief. I'll get my ducks in order and post again later.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X