Order of the Golden Kite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order of the Golden Kite

I posted this one before, but I have had someone here who made me an offer on it. He said it was one of the lower grades of the Order of the Golden Kite and he offered me $100 for it. Is that a fair offer?

Thanks,
    Ron

I'm no expert but if it is a Showa period 5th Class, as it appears to me to be, then it is one of the lower classes. Still very collectible though.

There is some enamel loss and of course the ribbon is missing each of which will effect the value. Perhaps a review of EBay sales will provide you with a fair value.

Regards,
    Stu

Comment

Originally posted by Stu W View Post
      I'm no expert but if it is a Showa period 5th Class, as it appears to me to be, then it is one of the lower classes. Still very collectible though.

There is some enamel loss and of course the ribbon is missing each of which will effect the value. Perhaps a review of EBay sales will provide you with a fair value.

Regards,
      Stu
      Thanks........didn't find any on ebay.

Ron

Comment

Complete with ribbon, they go for $700 or so at dealers, so $100 is too cheap in my opinion, more like 300-400.

Comment

I agree with Nick's evaluation

Comment

Sorry but Nick has over-evaluated the current prices. I have sold 3 different 5th classes recently--cased with ribbon--and none have gone over $450. Of course, these were all on ebay, but for this class ebay prices usually hit the currently accepted norm.

It would be a miracle--or just newbie ebay bidders--if you got more than $300 for just the main medal.

That being said, values of these types of medals fluctuate. Check out the current ebay auctions of 5th classes and see how they end up. Then you can get a ballpark figure. Here are two auctions I am following this week:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WWII-Imperia...item1c3e4597ac

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-WWII...item338ca406db

Best,
            Rich

Comment

Thanks Nick, Jareth and Rich. The one must have been posted after I searched ebay, or maybe I didn't enter the proper search.

How much would the correct ribbon with hooks cost, and where could I get one?

Ron

Comment

Originally posted by Ron C. View Post
                Thanks Nick, Jareth and Rich......How much would the correct ribbon with hooks cost, and where could I get one?

Ron
                Does anyone know where I could get a correct ribbon and the proper hooks or fasteners (whatever they are called) for the medal?

Thanks,
                Ron

Comment

The ribbons are always available in this Japanese auction here http://auctions.search.yahoo.co.jp/s...s=2&f=0x2&b=21

They normally would go for about $40. These are sold as original, but I think they are modern replacement ribbons made by the original manufacturer. I used to know the agents that would bid for US customers, but don't have that anymore. The guys on the forum should be able to tell you.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Komiya View Post
                    The ribbons are always available in this Japanese auction here http://auctions.search.yahoo.co.jp/s...s=2&f=0x2&b=21

They normally would go for about $40. These are sold as original, but I think they are modern replacement ribbons made by the original manufacturer. I used to know the agents that would bid for US customers, but don't have that anymore. The guys on the forum should be able to tell you.
                    Nick,

Thank you very much; however, I would have no idea what I was doing. I am a total idiot when it comes to Japanese stuff and even more with the language or kanji.

Ron

Comment

...Well, I just posted one on the e-stand, nearly identical to yours, and priced it at what I believe is on the lower end of some of the estimates given. Time will tell if this is "ballpark" or not for one in consummate condition and configuration...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X