EdelweissAntique

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Japanese brass plate, GI bring back, translation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese brass plate, GI bring back, translation?

A friend is cleaning out her father's house and found this. He was on a landing ship in the Pacific and ended the war in Japan. She wants to know what this says and I told her I would try to help. Thanks for any help!
    Attached Files

Too difficult for me, but I think the heading (far right side) is:

空気博送器使用法

And I think it is for Air/atmosphere Transmission Equipment Use Instructions

空気--Kuki. Air, atmosphere
    博 -- Hyaku/hiro. Command
    送 -- Transmission
    器 -- ki. Tool/equipment
    使用法 -- Shiyoh-hou. Method of using

Sometimes you can get an idea of the thought when you drill down to each kanji. And sometimes you just cannot. Don't know if I've hit a foul ball or home run.

--Guy

Comment

It's for that contraption that delivers written messages in a capsule within a building by shooting it through tubes with compressed air. They used to impress me in movies, but in this age of e-mails it is one of those outdated extravagances that seem quite silly, though they still use it in hospitals to deliver tissue samples to the lab.

Comment

Thanks for the replies! As he was in the USN, she thought he might have pried it off a IJN ship. I suppose that's possible, but it may have been in a bank too. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by MattS View Post
          .... I suppose that's possible, but it may have been in a bank too. Thanks!
          And knowing GIs (I was one for 20 years) ..... it might have been "liberated" from the Imperial Hotel!!

--Guy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X