JR. on WAF - medamilitaria@gmail.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is This an Original Japanese Award or Pure Garbage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is This an Original Japanese Award or Pure Garbage?

I just got some stuff in and have no idea what this is or even if its real ( which I`m doubting) I`d appreciate any help on this and Thanks!!
    Attached Files

pics

pics
    Attached Files

Comment

Chris, I am sorry to say that this is a replica. The quickest giveaway is the fact that there are only two rivets on the back and not four. There are other tells such as the quality of the enamel and the piece overall. Also, if I'm not mistaken, the writing on the box might say "replica". Original boxes were of lacquer.

Comment

Originally posted by zachb View Post
        so, if I'm not mistaken, the writing on the box might say "replica". Original boxes were of lacquer.
        Zach, you are correct. Upper right of the box it states "Replica"

Fukusei
        Duplicate Manufacture

Sorry, Chris.

--Guy

Comment

Both replicas, as stated above, but they do have some monetary value. I have seen these sell for $60+ here and there. (Perhaps more… memory is blurry…)

Comment

piece

Guys , thanks for the info and no need to be sorry. I figured it was a repro as the quality was to new. What is it suppose to be? An award for what? Thanks to all who answered!!

Comment

This is a replica of the fourth class of the Order of the Golden Kite. This was Imperial Japan's highest award for military valor and could only be awarded to Japanese. The "classes" (1st through 7th) were awarded according to rank, fourth class being awarded to higher grade officers.

Comment

Originally posted by zachb View Post
                This is a replica of the fourth class of the Order of the Golden Kite.

Correction, 1st Class:
                一級金鵄勲章
                Kou Ikkyuu Kinshi Kunsho

Wiki Article

Also, I just notice the reverse of the badge has "Reproduction" engraved.

--Guy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X