Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hinomaru flag Original or fake

Hi

this Hinomaru flag is for sale on a norwegian buying and selling side on facebook. The story is that the flag belonged to a Japanese officer stationed in the Philippines from 1944 - 1945. Hi said that the flag was given to him by a friend that had lived at the home of this officer.
    Unfortunately, he has no documentation to prove the story.
    The prise hi is asking is 3000 kr (500 US $) just for the flag.

I only got the picture that the seller postet on facebook

Best Regards

Svein T
    Attached Files

Hello Svein,
    This appears to be an original japanese national flag in the fashion of the 30'-40' cotton material with leather tabs, the date is always hard to figure because I think the production was still running after the wwII. I don't know exactly when they gave up the leather tabs on the corners of their flags.

But this one have everything you would expect from a period flag. This is for the good point.

Bad point is the story that goes with the flag. I don't see anything that link this flag to an officier. The price is also too high for a regular flag, even if the story is true.

You will be able to find the same flag here on the WAF for $50 to $100 maximum.
    Of course for this price you will never know if the flag came from a civilian, a soldier or maybe Hirohito himself, but the flag will be the same anyway and you could spend your $450 left for some extra items of japanese militaria.

To me it is an original flag with story added to justify the asking price. It could came from anywhere in Japan or occupied territory. But mostly properly stored in a japanese closet after the war, because it is very clean.

Nobody should spend 500$ for a flag like that. If you still want, pm me I have several flags like this I would be more than happy to sell for $500 I will even give you the choice between a cotton and a silk flag! ^^

Comment

Hi Staldion

Thanks for the help. A Japanese silke flag would be nice, but i collect for the most part german and Nasjonal Samling item`s, so i think i will stick to collceting those items first.

Best Regards

Svein T
      Last edited by Svein T; 03-19-2014, 04:14 AM.

Comment

I agree 100% with Staldions assessment. It's interesting that these items are supposed to be from an officer, yet the insignia is all for enlisted men.

PG-

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X