Prayer flag for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayer flag for review

can someone tell me what is written on it and what it could be worth? thank you

Last edited by luftwaffenkopf; 03-13-2014, 11:12 PM.

large kanji on right side:

入營西本時治
    Shuku Nyuei Nishimoto Tokiharu ke
    Enlistment Celebration to Elder Brother Nishimoto Tokiharu

The rest are names and slogans.

--Guy

Comment

E-bay is about the best gauge for pricing. just look at some completed auctions to get a ballpark figure. The fact that its mostly names, and lacks any unusual references, I would place the value at $125-$150 usd. Unless someone spots some obscure reference, like aviation, kamikaze, ect. It has a nice look and seems well balanced with a lot of signatures, so I see it on the higher end of that.

PG-

Comment

Originally posted by Paul G View Post
        E-bay is about the best gauge for pricing. just look at some completed auctions to get a ballpark figure. The fact that its mostly names, and lacks any unusual references, I would place the value at $125-$150 usd. Unless someone spots some obscure reference, like aviation, kamikaze, ect. It has a nice look and seems well balanced with a lot of signatures, so I see it on the higher end of that.

PG-
        For the most part I agree with Paul on this although I'd value it at the 125 rather than the 150 end of the scale as it doesn't catch my eye. Remember though, Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder.

Regards,
        Stu

Comment

its a gorgeous flag I would say $175..

Comment

Calling these flags prayer flags is a total misnomer, as prayers have nothing to do with these flags.

Comment

Originally posted by Stu W View Post
              For the most part I agree with Paul on this although I'd value it at the 125 rather than the 150 end of the scale as it doesn't catch my eye. Remember though, Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder.

Regards,
              Stu
              You are dead pn Stu beauty is in the eye of the beholder! Looks like its $25 more beautiful to Luis than me and $50 more beautiful to Luis than you Another guy might come along and to him it could be worth$200, and the last guy comes along and he says, its only worth $99.99 to him

PG-

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Komiya View Post
                Calling these flags prayer flags is a total misnomer, as prayers have nothing to do with these flags.

I'm not so sure about that Nick. It is definitely a misnomer but if I was being handed one of those flags I'd be saying my prayers that's for sure!

Regards,
                Stu

Comment

Originally posted by Paul G View Post
                  You are dead pn Stu beauty is in the eye of the beholder! Looks like its $25 more beautiful to Luis than me and $50 more beautiful to Luis than you Another guy might come along and to him it could be worth$200, and the last guy comes along and he says, its only worth $99.99 to him

PG-
                  Hi Paul,

Let's go into business together. We'll pool our resources and corner the market. Buy them at 100 then sell them at 125, 150 and 200. Before you know it we'll be rich!

Regards,
                  Stu

Comment

Originally posted by Stu W View Post
                    I'm not so sure about that Nick. It is definitely a misnomer but if I was being handed one of those flags I'd be saying my prayers that's for sure!

Regards,
                    Stu
                    LOL I sure would too!
                    Sounds good Stu! when we buy them all, we will declare, they are now Super rare, and even the ugly ones are worth at least $1,000.00

PG-

Comment

thank you for your help gentlemen, here it is in hand along with a Soviet Ssh-36 helmet that came from this Vet's family and some background on the Vet himself. makes for a rather interesting read,

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X