Price check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price check

does anyone know what an officers sword with a blade dating from the 1600's with officers tassle and family mon with a professionaly polished blade in excellent condition go for in the UK. I've been offered one and need to know the going rate over here at the moment is.

Originally posted by Tanaka
    does anyone know what an officers sword with a blade dating from the 1600's with officers tassle and family mon with a professionaly polished blade in excellent condition go for in the UK. I've been offered one and need to know the going rate over here at the moment is.
    It depends mostly on the swordsmith and the quality of such smith's blade.
    When you go home
    Tell them for us and say
    For your tomorrow
    We gave our today

--Inscription in the 5th Marine Division cemetery,
    Iwo Jima 1945

Comment

couldn't tell you sorry, bit new to this, any ideas what one with a good blade would go for and what a bad blade would go for.
      Its just theres a military dealer whos got a similar one for sale with a same age blade but needs repolishing and doesn't have a tassle for £1850, now the one i've been offered is £650 cheaper.

Comment

Hi Tanaka
        That is a hard question to answer as Walter said. I used to think sword prices in the UK were higher than in the US for the simple fact fewer of them were brought back to the UK. Without knowing the specifics of your sword it's impossible to tell and unfortunately my knowledge of blades isn't that great either. Most likely from what you said, the price is probably "fair".....you aren't getting something for nothing and you aren't getting ripped off. I think there is a memeber, Bill Rannow, who buys and sells Japanese swords if you want to try and contact him.
        Good luck. Once you get one you can't stop.

Eric

Comment

cheers Eric, i know the guy selling it as hes the same guy i got the armour from and hes collected japanese swords and japanese armour for atleast 30 years so he seems to know what hes talking about. Thanks for your help guys.

PS. Eric i shouldn't really be buying this one so theres no way i can afford anymore

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X