all Aluminum Prototype NCO sword

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

all Aluminum Prototype NCO sword

I picked up all Aluminum NCO. Jim Dawson's book says it may be a prototype. Anyway I listed it on eBay. If anyone likes NCO swords take a look

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251468814391...84.m1555.l2649

or check eBay item number: 251468814391

if posting this is not allowable let me know, it is a rare sword so I thought some might like to see pictures
    Last edited by nixe; 03-06-2014, 05:23 PM.

At first, it looked like a good Chinese Replica but wow, never knew they made these! That tops my list along with the handmade blade they found in Aluminum NCO mounts a few years ago.

Lev

Comment

Huh?

No habaki and a ricasso? And you cannot say the habaki is just missing because there is no hamachi or munemachi.

huge image

--Guy
      Last edited by GHP; 03-06-2014, 06:58 PM.

Comment

that is the way it is made. Do you have Jim Dawson's book? He comments on the lack of habaki. The scabbard is made to accept the blade without habaki. It is a dead match for the example Jim pictured in his book.

Comment

Originally posted by nixe View Post
          that is the way it is made. Do you have Jim Dawson's book? He comments on the lack of habaki. The scabbard is made to accept the blade without habaki. It is a dead match for the example Jim pictured in his book.
          Nixe, I just received the book recently and have not fully thumbed through it (well, I did -- but did not commit much to memory).. I lent it to a friend last weekend and I'll get it back this Sunday -- if he's finished.

Obviously I was unaware of these features!

Thanks,
          --Guy

P.S., can you add a note to the bid citing Dawson's book? If not, I can send the seller a query and your answer can list the citation.

DISREGARD .... I see you've already done this

OUCH!
          Last edited by GHP; 03-06-2014, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Hi Mark,

Thank you for starting the thread. It's a very interesting piece. I look forward to a discussion as it will be a good learning experience for all I'm sure.

Regards,
            Stu

Comment

Follow-up:

Nixe,

Will you please post permanent photos here? As you say, it's a rare sword and I'm guessing there are few high-definition photos available.

--Guy

Comment

Originally posted by Stu W View Post
                Hi Mark,

Thank you for starting the thread. It's a very interesting piece. I look forward to a discussion as it will be a good learning experience for all I'm sure.

Regards,
                Stu
                Yeah, I just had my lunch handed to me! I was not aware of the habaki-less uniqueness of this model.

--Guy

Comment

I have pictures, how do I add them?? can't seem to find a link? I can email them to someone if they can add them. I tried to "edit" the original post to remove the eBay link as I am now told that may not be allowed but there is no "edit" button.... I am not that experienced with this group. Can someone copy the pictures from eBay and post them here? let me know what I can do to add to the discussion.

The fit and fittings are genuine Japanese WWII workmanship. I am not sure if Jim Dawson has it right that these are prototypes but they are not some later copy.

Comment

Originally posted by nixe View Post
                    ...I tried to "edit" the original post to remove the eBay link as I am now told that may not be allowed but there is no "edit" button....
                    I just downloaded them; wait a few minutes.

--Guy

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X