Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese helmet nets questions

Hello everyone,
    I am in search of a nice helmet net to complete a helmet I have. In general, I stay away from the nets with the double bottom row of cord, as I have seen many fakes with this attribute. Others here with much more knowledge than I, say there are originals in this configuration. Does anyone have any pictures of an original like this? Also, what about colors? anything to stay away from? Does anyone know of a good clean one for sale? Here is a picture of what I am talking about. I have one netted helmet, but the net is very faded and beat up by combat. Thanks for your time

PG-
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Paul G; 03-03-2014, 06:12 PM.

Original with the single rope bottom. Thanks to Ken N. these are his helmets / pictures.
    Attached Files

Comment

Paul, I've heard that they are original nets with double over bottoms. I've never seen one. My advice would be not to buy one unless you bought it directly from a vet. I personally don't trust them. Why have anything questionable in ones collection ? Better off buying absolute text book variation.

Comment

Originally posted by Jareth View Post
        Paul, I've heard that they are original nets with double over bottoms. I've never seen one. My advice would be not to buy one unless you bought it directly from a vet. I personally don't trust them. Why have anything questionable in ones collection ? Better off buying absolute text book variation.
        Thanks Jareth, That's pretty much been my stance on them as well. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

PG-

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X