Honor Cord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honor Cord

Hi, What was the purpose of the Civilian Honor Cord? Was it awarded or earned or had some other significance? I can't find any information about these. Please, any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Zach

honor cord.JPG

Dunno ... Never Saw One Before

At first I thought it was one of the Next-of-Kin pins, but it's not.

Can you post a larger and clearer image of the instructions inside the box?

--Guy

Comment

Guy, thanks for taking an interest. I am getting the photos from this auction:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WW2-JAPANESE...p2047675.l2557

Honor Cord Box.JPG

Here is a little more information but still not an explanation of what this was for:

http://www.imperialjapanmedalsandbad...onorcords.html

Again if anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
      Zach

Comment

Zach! ImperialJapanMedalsandBadges is Rich Catalano's web site!! Heck ... if he doesn't yet know what it is, probably no one does.

I note at the top of his page he writes that as soon as some information is confirmed he'll post it.

Be patient. (^__^)

All I can see is that one on Rich's site has this on the reverse:
        大日本国民服協会
        Dai-Nippon Kokumin Fuku Kyokai
        Greater Japan Civilian Uniform Association

The title of the award on the box is:
        国民禮儀賞
        Kokumin Fuku Reigi Shou
        Civilian Uniform Courtesy Award

No idea as to why they were awarded.

--Guy

Edit: Reigi [Courtesy] old kanji 禮儀 new kanji 礼儀
        Last edited by GHP; 03-01-2014, 02:38 AM.

Comment

Illustration: The Formal Kokumin Fuku (ex. when the cord is worn).

Below the illustration is an bulletin [ 彙報 Ihō] with a title "Imperial Agency Matters" 宮廳事項 [modern kanji: 廳 ---> 庁; today it is called 宮内 Kunaichō - Imperial Household Agency]. It states that one normally wears regular clothing at the Imperial Household Ministry [宮内 Kunaishō, forerunner of the Kunaichō] except on the following eight occasions when Kokumin Fuku is [formally?] worn: Shrine visits to sign the book [like Yasukuni],.... when ambassador [official?] is present, when representing the country, etc.

Sorry, but my wife read it off very quickly and I don't want to press her when she's working. She indicated the illustration and explanation treats this version of the kokumin fuku as "formal attire" like a tuxedo/black tie event today.

Anyway, apparently the written explanation does not explain WHY the cord is awarded.

I'm hoping Nick-san and Taka-san can clean up the mess I just made!

--Guy
          Last edited by GHP; 03-01-2014, 02:30 AM.

Comment

D'OH!!!! Use modern kanji when searching!!!!

国民服儀礼章

国民服儀礼章(国民服儀禮章/こくみんふくぎれいしょう)は、支那事変中の日本で制定され、太平洋戦争期間 中を通して着用された国民服を礼服として使用する際に着用された、儀礼用の飾緒。

目次

1 概要
            2 脚注
            3 参考資料
            4 外部リンク
            5 関連項目

概要
            国民服儀礼章

昭和15年11月1日勅令725号(国民服令)によると、「国民服礼装ハ国民服ヲ著用シ国民服儀礼章ヲ佩ブ ルモノトス」(第3条)と規定され、国民服礼装は燕尾服やフロックコート・モーニングコートと同等の礼服と されていた(第4条)。そして、国民服儀礼章の制式は国民服令別表第2によって規定された。一般に市販され るもので、価格は1円程度とされていた[1]。

国民服儀礼章は古代紫色で太さ4ミリの四打紐によって作られており、主部となる対角長8センチの四角形に編 まれた台座と、そこから伸びる長さ25センチの2本の紐から成る(国民服令別表第2)。台座の四角形は八紘 一宇を表す[2]。そして、各自の家紋又は桜花文様に限り、台座に付けることが出来た[2]。紐の端を国民服の第二ボタンに懸け、台座を胸ポケットのボタンに懸けて佩用する。当初被服協会が制定した 際は台座を左胸に着けるとされていたが[2]、国民服令では右胸とされた(別表第2)。

戦時中のニュース映画や戦後製作の戦争映画でも、その姿を割合よく見ることができる。例えば映画「日本のい ちばん長い日」では、聖断が下された御前会議後の迫水久常(加藤武)や、玉音放送を収録するため宮中に入っ た日本放送協会職員(加東大介ら)が、儀礼章を着けている。

国民儀禮章という類似した名称のものも存在した。これは国民精神総動員本部が冠婚葬祭簡素化運動の一環とし て制定したもので、弔事用の黒と慶事用の紅白の蝶結びのリボンがセットになっており、平服の左 胸に着用した[3]。国民服礼装についての国民服令第4条や5条のように、勲章等の佩用に関する規定(勲章記章佩用心得(明治 22年賞勲局告示第1号)他)などに定められた礼装とみなす旨の法令上の根拠はなかった。
            WikiTranslate:

You can ( will Reisho national Garcinia禮章/ national Garcinia ) national clothing ritual chapter , it has been worn when used as a formal dress the national clothing enacted in Japan China Incident in , were worn throughout the World War II period , ritual fourragere of use .

Table of contents

1 Overview
            Footnote 2
            3 References
            4 External links
            5 See also

Summary
            National clothing ritual chapter

According 725 Issue November 1, Royal Decree 1940 to ( national clothes old) , is defined as " people 's clothing dress Ha national Fukuo Author for Shea national clothing courtesy Akirao佩Burumonotosu " and ( Article 3 ) , national clothes dress has been considered equivalent to the formal dress of frock coat , morning coat or tailcoat is ( Article 4 ) . And formality of public ceremonial clothing chapter is defined by the second national clothing Ordinance Appendix . The information is commercially available , has been one yen price [ 1 ] .

National clothing ritual chapter is made by four Uchihimo of 4 millimeters in diameter in the ancient purple , and pedestal knit a rectangle of 8 cm diagonal length which is the main part , of two 25 cm long extending therefrom consists of a string ( national clothes Ordinance Appended Table 2) . Represents the universal brotherhood of the square base [2 ] . And was able only to cherry blossom pattern or their family crest , to put on a pedestal [2 ] . Applied to the second button of national clothes end of the string , to Haiyo over the button of the breast pocket pedestal . Has been considered to wear a seat left chest when clothing Association was established initially in national clothes Ordinance is the right chest [2 ] , ( Appended Table 2) .

Even in the post-war war movie news and movie production during the war , it is possible to look at the percentage figure . For example, the movie in the " Nihon'noichiban'nagaihi " , and Sakomizu Hisatsune ( Kato Takeshi ) of the conference in the presence of the emperor after imperial decision has been made, Japan Broadcasting Corporation staff that entered the court to record the Gyokuon broadcasting ( Kato Daisuke et al.) Is , ritual I'm wearing a chapter .

Those of a similar name that people禮章ceremony was also present . This meant that national spirit mobilization headquarters was established as part of the ceremonial simplification movement , ribbon bow red and white of the auspicious event for black and Tomuraikoto for is a set , was worn on the left breast of plain clothes [3 ] . As Article 5 and Article 4 of the National Order of clothing for people dress clothes , it was fate to ( No. 1 ) Other ( 1889 Award Isao station notice Medal insignia Haiyo knowledge ) provisions relating to Haiyo Medal , etc. There was no basis for the laws and regulations on the effect to be considered a formal dress .
            =====

HA! Try to figure THAT out!!!
            --Guy

Comment

It is simply a dress cord that you bought yourself, if you wished to wear your civilian uniforms to ceremonies and events, which in the past required formal dress. The cords have nothing to do with honor, the Japanese name for it simply means dress cord. Civilian uniforms were introduced in 1940 as a war time economy measure. This was optional, so you do not see too many wearing them until towards the end of the war. However, use of the uniform became more common since 1942, when it also became the standard school uniform. Furthermore, a directive issued in December 1944 positioned the civilian uniform as a temporary substitute for an army uniform, which is why these were seen worn also in combat by civilians and students fighting under army command.
              Here are alternative designs of the civilian uniform.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Nick Komiya; 03-01-2014, 05:47 AM.

Comment

Gentlemen thank you so very much for all of this information and clarifying the purpose of the dress cord. Also, Nick thank you for the additional information about the civilian uniform.

I am slowly putting a last ditch ensemble together... I will return shortly with pictures of my kokumin-fuku.

Comment

Slowly putting my last ditch/home defense ensemble together:

1 WAF HD.JPG

2 WAF HD.JPG

Comment

[ATTACH]2816123[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2816124[/ATTACH]

Comment

hi Zach

thats a good looking tunic,, i hope to see more in the future,,

greetings Bruno

Comment

Thanks Bruno. I will try to update the thread when I get it more complete.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X