Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

green souvenir cap tally

Hi Gents,

I would like to introduce a green imperial japanese cap tally. I bought it about 7 years ago from a young chap who told me following story to the tally: his grandfather has been in the German Kriegsmarine and visited the cruiser Ashigara in Kiel when she was at the visit at the Kiel Navy days in 1937. He was handed over the green souvenir tally when he visited the cruiser.

Can someone confirm this is what the symbols are saying? What are these tallies worth at dealers?
    The golden printed symbols are pretty faded, so I had to take the photo holding the tally against the light.

Your help is much appreciated

Thanks

Daniel
    Attached Files

Neat, I have never seen a green one.

Comment

Hi Daniel,

Check with member gunto (Thomas) on that one. If memory serves me he has a green one as well as several other colored types and knows about them.

Regards,
      Stu

Comment

Hi Daniel,
        Nice one.

Heres a link to my red and green one.
        http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ight=Red+tally

I dont know the value , but they do not show up often.

Comment

Originally posted by Marine HJ View Post
          "...his grandfather has been in the German Kriegsmarine and visited the cruiser Ashigara in Kiel when she was at the visit at the Kiel Navy days in 1937. He was handed over the green souvenir tally when he visited the cruiser.

Can someone confirm this is what the symbols are saying?
          Daniel,

The tally says what your friend's grandfather said:

日本軍艦足柄

Dai Nippon Gunkan Ashigara
          Great Japan Warship Ashigara

--Guy

Comment

Hi evryone,

many thanks for the instant help. Especially to you, Guy, who confirmed the inscription.
            Well, if anyone could announce an approximate value between collectors, this would be great. I'm well well familiar with German Kriegsmarine tallies but not Imperial Japanese one as they don't come up here in Germany at all!!!
            A fellow collector has announced interest in my green tally and I would like to find a fair price for both of us. A PM is most welcome, in case someone doesn't wish to say anything about value in public.

Rgds

Daniel

Comment

I think they are quiet rare.
              value can depend on how many who wants it.
              I would like to buy it

Comment

Nice tally and nice story about it Daniel!!!!!

I own an Imperial Japanese sailor cap and all the tallies I saw for the years were in black and for sure yours is a rare example,I have a book about JAPANESE NAVY UNIFORMS and I will look if there are anything written about these tallies and If there is something I will let you know although I suppose they were any kind of Gala tally gift or for sale in the ship cantine

Fernando
                Last edited by L11-VELASCO; 02-25-2014, 05:42 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X