HisCol

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SOS countdown begins plus taking orders!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOS countdown begins plus taking orders!

We are two weeks away from the SOS! Just a reminder - I will be setting up a small display of my more uncommon/rare IJA booklets and will have some things for sale as well. Safe to say I will be the only table in the entire show that will have a booklet from a spigot mortar unit on display! If you have any unusual IJA/IJN paperwork, as well as IJA dog tags for sale, please stop by! If you just want to swing by to chat, please stop by too!

Also, for those who can't hit the SOS this year, please feel free to shoot me a pm if you are looking for anything super unusual/rare for your collection. "Swords", "helmets", and "anything IJN" won't cut it, but if you have something super odd ball and specific like, "the deck gun from the I-400", I don't mind keeping an eye out during the show and can shoot you off contact information if it is on someone's table.

Tom

Tom that sounds interesting! I had heard that the rifle spigot ( attachment) launcher was a navy weapon? Unless it's an army grenade rifle which was specifically used to fire grenades & not dual purpose as a rifle

Comment

Tom, Looking forward to meeting you and seeing your display. Will bring by some items from my collection to share with you.

Best, David.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing you and some of your collection as well, David.

Jareth, as for the spigot mortar unit, my booklet is from a member of an Independent Battalion that handled the 320mm Type 98 Mortar.

Tom

Comment

Was going to go and crash Steve's party but have stupid treatment that Friday so I'm stuck in a chair getting loaded up with meds that can kill me versus looking at sweet items. Hopefully treatment doesn't fall on that Friday next year. Wife actually gave me the go ahead too!

Comment

--bump--

So......... How was it? Did you buy anything interesting?

--Guy

Comment

Originally posted by GHP View Post
              So......... How was it? Did you buy anything interesting?

--Guy
              Yes, what Guy says... -brandon

Comment

The SOS is going well so far. Got to meet several of the posters from the various forums including WAF. Have seen a lot of great items so far -- lots of Japanese swords, firearms, several IJA helmets, plus a couple of pieces of paperwork that I was able to add to the collection. Today was dealer/member day only, so a little light on the attendance throughout the day. Tomorrow it is opened up to the general public. To those who requested help with finding items for your collection: unfortunately, nothing is coming to the surface. There are still two more days (for me) though, so hope springs eternal.

Tom

Comment

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the SITREP. Sounds like you're having a great time. Any photos to share later (after you've rested and relaxed)?

--Guy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X