Anybody know what this is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody know what this is?

Hi guys, someone I know has recently bought a mixed lot of WW2 mainly British and German militaria as well as this sheet of Japanese writing with what he thinks are blood stains on.
    Any ideas as to what it is or what it relates to would be great.
    Cheers - Greg
    Attached Files

That is the caption to a photo showing the statue of an IJA paratrooper, which stands at the airborne base in Narashino Chiba Japan. It says it was a dedication to the paras that lost their lives in the war. It was written after the war in the 60s, so those are more likely coffee stains.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Nick Komiya; 01-17-2014, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Komiya View Post
      That is the caption to a photo showing the statue of an IJA paratrooper, which stands at the airborne base in Narashino Chiba Japan. It says it was a dedication to the paras that lost their lives in the war. It was written after the war in the 60s, so those are more likely coffee stains.
      Thanks Nick, the vet was a British Para during the War and used to attend post war reunions with FJ and American Paras. He must have picked it up there.
      I was dubious about the stains!
      Best - Greg

Comment

Funny you say coffee stains Nick, as thats exactly what I was thinking as well!

PG-

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X