Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Type 95 NCO sword for review

all the pics i have so far. thank you

From what I can see on this iPad it looks like an authentic top latch aluminum tsuka piece with the 9mm thick brass tsuba made by Suya for Tokyo Arsenal under Kokura administration. Better pics will of course help but it certainly has a good chance of being a nice find in my view.

Regards,
    Stu

Comment

Originally posted by Stu W View Post
      From what I can see on this iPad it looks like an authentic top latch aluminum tsuka piece with the 9mm thick brass tsuba made by Suya for Tokyo Arsenal under Kokura administration. Better pics will of course help but it certainly has a good chance of being a nice find in my view.

Regards,
      Stu
      thank you, any idea of a ball park figure of worth? i know that the pics are not the greatest, so a rough estimate would do, assuming the scabbard number does not match the blade's.

Comment

Worth more in Europe than the US due to availability. Non matching scabbard and blade without any nicks in the cutting edge I'd estimate 800 USD. If cutting edge is damaged then lower depending upon the extent.

There is always some wiggle room with these although on balance nice ones are up around the 1K USD point now.

Regards,
        Stu

Comment

You got it, great . Great price

Comment

and here it is in hand... how do you like it? thank you

Comment

Regards,
              Stu
              UPDATE: With the benefit of these new photos I can see I was in error on the maker. It's Iijima not Suya. Still Tokyo Arsenal under Kokura Admin though as originally stated.

Regards,
              Stu

Comment

Worth more in Europe than the US due to availability. Non matching scabbard and blade without any nicks in the cutting edge I'd estimate 800 USD. If cutting edge is damaged then lower depending upon the extent.

There is always some wiggle room with these although on balance nice ones are up around the 1K USD point now.

Regards,
                Stu
                stu, looking at pics seems someone went crazy with 500 grit sandpaper on blade ....would that not bring price down somewhat?... EC

Comment

Originally posted by mrec27777 View Post
                  stu, looking at pics seems someone went crazy with 500 grit sandpaper on blade ....would that not bring price down somewhat?... EC
                  Yes, it would, although by how much is hard for me to tell from photos. Sometimes a blade suffers when displayed in high res enlarged photos as every little blemish shows up whereas they might not to the same extent to the naked eye.

Good news though is that although the scabbard and blade are unmatched the scabbard is a Tokyo Arsenal piece as is the sword. That is confirmed by the placement of the scabbard throat retention screw. A Nagoya Arsenal scabbard would have the screw on the opposite side.

Regards,
                  Stu

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X