Uniform considered for estand...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uniform considered for estand...

I am considering posting a named (Yamada) Japanese Naval Engineering Lieutenants Formal Dress Uniform on estand. The set includes a trunk for the jacket, trousers and belt and a case for the fore-aft hat and epaulettes. The trunk and case are faded and worn but the uniform itself is nearly mint. See pics. I'm interested in your comments and to generate interest. My focus is primarily German militaria but this set was too nice to pass up. Let me know what you think!

Thanks...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Demianthedog; 11-01-2004, 12:44 AM.

Side View

Sword hangers..
    Attached Files

Comment

Cases

Trunk and Hat case
      Attached Files

Comment

Close up

Close up of epaulettes and embroidery which is exquisite.
        Attached Files

Comment

No thoughts???

Any thoughts or opinions....Perhaps another forum?

Comment

It's a beautiful tunic! Most of my fellow collectors and I are more interested in service dress & combat uniforms. You'll need to right collector for this one. For some reason they aren't as desirible.

Comment

I have always thought that these were exceptionally beautiful uniforms.
              in fact, I've seen a few for sale, and have thought about purchasing one. Interestingly, the ones that i have seen have also ben complete, with cases and fore and aft caps. They obviously took good care of these uniforms! But it does seem that they have not reached the desirability level of their German equivalents. and in all areas of militaria of WW II, it does seem as though the desirability of the combat uniforms exceds that of the dress uniforms.
              Still, a magnificent uniform !

Comment

Japanese set!

Hi
                Agree with all said above!

I had a beautiful set also before and it sold
                but takes right buyer!
                They are beautiful.

PaulV

Comment

What would something such as that be worth?

Dave
                  DaveJ

Comment

Originally posted by DaveJ
                    What would something such as that be worth?

Dave
                    Like anything else, it is worth as much as someone is prepared to pay.

This uniform is something that I think is a little difficult to "value". Many uniforms have established market values (panzer wrappers, M-43 Heer tunics, Heer waffenrocks, Luftwaffe tunics, etc.). This ensemble is not often seen, but as has been said, it is a rather specialized grouping.

I saw a grouping such as this offered at a flea market about a year ago. An American veteran had sent the cases home from Japan when he was doing occupation duty at the end of World War II, and they were being offered by a man who had aquired them from the veteran's son. I don't want to say what the seller's asking price was, because it might sound very low or very high depending upon the listener, and since I really don't think that there is an estsablished "market value" for this type of grouping. I think that each seller should offer such a group at the price he decides upon, and the market will then decide.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X