• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese

Eric

Very nice condition tropical helmets!

They are nice!

Neighbor brought 2 home and never could get them!

Also Japanese grenade belt!

I am supposed to look at tankers helmet sunday!

What are they going for? I know there is different types but have not seen yet!

Thanks

Paulv

Paul

Comment

a few years ago a guy walked into one of our local gun shows w/ one of these (identical to the first one shown) and some Japanese field gear. They were USMC vet pieces from Saipan. He didn't want much for them, but I passed because I wasn't sure exactly what I was looking at...now I know!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul V
        Eric

Very nice condition tropical helmets!

They are nice!

Neighbor brought 2 home and never could get them!

Also Japanese grenade belt!

I am supposed to look at tankers helmet sunday!

What are they going for? I know there is different types but have not seen yet!

Thanks

Paulv

Paul
        Paul,

It's been a while since I've priced an Army summer tanker helmet, which is much more common than the Army winter tanker helmet, but I would guess that an Army summer tanker helmet in good condition must be in the $500 to $600 range now. (The last one I bought was about four years ago and I paid $400 for it, which was about full retail at the time, if memory serves me correctly.)

Hope this helps, and if you end up purchasing the helmet, please post some photos of the helmet on the forum.

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Hopkins
          a few years ago a guy walked into one of our local gun shows w/ one of these (identical to the first one shown) and some Japanese field gear. They were USMC vet pieces from Saipan. He didn't want much for them, but I passed because I wasn't sure exactly what I was looking at...now I know!
          Andy,

Roger that!

These tropical helmets used to be much more common years ago, but now I don't see them as often. I'm guessing a lot of the helmets got purchased and are now in collections. The one thing about collecting tropical helmets is that there seems to be a lot of variations. The photos I posted are just a few of the variations that I have seen over the years.

Glad you enjoyed the thread and I'm guessing you won't pass on any similar tropical helmets next time around.

Eric

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X