Navy Flier badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Navy Flier badge

I have a few of these I got from a local veteran who got them in Korea in 1945. He was guarding a Japanese Naval warehouse. They are enameled on the front and have a screw type fastener on the back. The interesting part is that each is serial numbered but with a different no# , which to me indicates and award of some sort. The vet thought they were Kamakazi badges but since I know nothing about Japanese awards, cannot say. They measure 24mm across. Someone has to know what the heck these things are.
    Attached Files

Nutmeg,

I am of the opinion is that the pin/badge in question is a civilian and/or a factory worker's pin/badge as opposed to a military service member's pin/badge.

Does the backside of the pin/badge have any kanji that might help in determining what the pin/badge was for?

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Doody
      Nutmeg,

I am of the opinion is that the pin/badge in question is a civilian and/or a factory worker's pin/badge as opposed to a military service member's pin/badge.

Does the backside of the pin/badge have any kanji that might help in determining what the pin/badge was for?

Eric
      Eric, no other markings on the back except for a serial a four digit serial number on the reverse of each. The veteran (40th Div) told me they were guarding a captured warehouse in N Korea which was fully stocked with everything to equipment an aircraft carrier and that's where he got all his trophies. The story makes sense as he had a Naval flyer's suit, a minty NLF helmet with cover and these naval related badges.

Comment

Nutmeg,

I wish I could be of more assistance to you on the piece, but unfortunately, there isn't much written in English or Japanese (that I'm aware of) about these type of pin/badges.

Thanks for sharing the photo and the interesting story of how the veteran obtained his souvenirs.

Maybe one of the other forum members will be able to identify the pin/badge.

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Doody
          Nutmeg,

I wish I could be of more assistance to you on the piece, but unfortunately, there isn't much written in English or Japanese (that I'm aware of) about these type of pin/badges.

Thanks for sharing the photo and the interesting story of how the veteran obtained his souvenirs.

Maybe one of the other forum members will be able to identify the pin/badge.

Eric
          Eric,

Thank you, I appreciate your comments.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X