Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Veterans (retirement) Badge

Hello,

Who can give me the meaning of the characters that are placed on the back of a Japanese Veterans (retirement) Badge? Such a badge was sold on the Collector's Guild but can still be seen there:

http://www.germanmilitaria.com/Japan...os/J02547.html

Furthermore, what was the criterium to be awarded this badge? Was it commonly awarded?

Thank you in advance!

Suppi,

The kanji on the backside of the subject badge translates to "Imperial Office Ex-Soldier/Veteran Member" and "Former Member Badge" and is more commonly referred to as an "Imperial Time-Expired Soldier's League Badge."

Outside of being an ex-soldier/veteran, I am not sure what the criteria was to receive this badge. (I would guess it would be similar to joining the The American Legion, Veterans of Foreign Wars, etc.)

The subject badge is fairly common.

Hope this helps.

Eric

Comment

Eric, the translation is greatly appreciated. Thank you
      I just did a quick search on Google and came up with this website which also mentions: This was an organization of ex-soldiers who were in the reserve and subject to call up in time of war.

http://www.donet.com/~mconrad/pac6.htm

Best regards!

Comment

Suppi,

Thanks for the information.

That explains the "Former Member" and/or "Time-Expired" wording on the badge.

One of the kanji on the backside of the badge is "Googun" which translates to "ex-soldier/reservist/veteran." I guess I should have kept the word "reservist" in my translation.

Eric

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X