Japanese flag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese flag

Greetings! this forum was recommended to me. I am looking for some opinions. I will add better quality photos as time permits.

I am not sure if it acceptable to link to other forums.

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php/topic/61...sibly-okinawa/

Many thanks! George

Rich is right on all points. I personally would not want this flag. The most natural way to read the flag is that Kazuo and Kinue were the father and mother of the guy, who got this flag. That far is believable, but Okinawa, added in that way makes no sense. More like a GI stationed in Okinawa insisted on that addition. Kamikaze? No way, sorry.
    Kazuo simply means first son, for those who wanted to avoid the over-used Taro, as the son's name. It is common a name as John Smith.
    Last edited by Nick Komiya; 01-05-2014, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Thank you Nick I appreciate your feedback. Would you agree that it is a period flag? and would you consider it similar to other tourist trinkets like water buffalo horns or daggers and knives from the Philippines? I am looking for some honest perspective is all.

-George

Comment

To me this is a post war flag commisioned by an US serviceman in Okinawa. The base flag itself also looks hockey, judging by the wrong proporitions.

Comment

Thanks again! I can live with that. It's cool to me. And I am glad to have some realistic perspective.

Best.. George

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X