TOP purchase(s) for 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TOP purchase(s) for 2013

Before we get further into 2014, I would like to know about your awesome purchase(s) for 2013. For me it was a good year for paperwork and manuals. I picked up T89 knee mortar and T99 rifle manuals, as well as a couple of guntaitecho captured on Iwo Jima (sorry, no pics.!). How about everyone else: any significant additions to the collection?

Tom

Hi Tom,
    For me, 2013 was a good year. I am only able to add a few things to my collection each year. This year the items I was able to add were pretty significant to my small collection. I added the Makin Island captured SNLF flag in August, a nice island captured flag with period photos in October, and a flag captured on New Georgia in November. I added a few more flags in the months before that, but for me, those were my big additions of Japanese Militaria. I also love collecting TR combat helmets and was able to add a couple this year as well.

PG-

Comment

I picked up a Type 38, barrel has been cut though, but they only wanted $99 for it out the door, I could part it out, but I realized that this was a rifle de-mumed by the Japanese as a training rifle some time in period

Comment

I don't really collect Japanese stuff (yet) but this flag I couldn't pass on. Always loved those 'Good luck' flags so it was just a logical step to pick this one up from the E-stand. I hope to pick up more of such flags this year even though these are not my main focus within collecting.
        Hope you like this one as much as I do

Comment

That's one nice Yosegaki Flag!

Thank you for posting.

Cheers!
          Taka

Comment

Thank you Taka!

Cheers,
            Marcel

Comment

2013 started good for me, last Feb. I bought a 99% TGE baby Nambu with matching mag at the SOS show I also bought a matching T-99 cut back sniper and a Japanese instruction plate for the T-90 two barrel flare pistol. During the year I bought a T-89 smoke grenade for knee mortar, a 2.5 X Japanese sniper scope, a double barrel double trigger double hammer Kayaba 2 barrel Japanese flare pistol. I'm sure there were some other things but can't remember them, Guess that's about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcel Banziger View Post
                ... but this flag I couldn't pass on. Always loved those 'Good luck' flags so it was just a logical step to pick this one up from the E-stand. ...
                Hi Marcel,

That is indeed a great flag. One from Ted (Papa Nambu) perhaps?

Regards,
                Stu

Comment

Originally posted by Stu W View Post
                  Hi Marcel,

That is indeed a great flag. One from Ted (Papa Nambu) perhaps?

Regards,
                  Stu
                  Thanks....and yes, you are right

Best regards,
                  Marcel

Comment

2013 started off slow for me, but in the last few months I picked up a Prototype Luftwaffe 2 barrel flare pistol by August Menz. An 1861 Army Coston signal gun, A North Vietnam flare pistol, A RARE Japanese made flare pistol, box & flares made for Korea Vietnam War Era, A Prototype Brass framed German flare pistol from 1899 called a Goggel. A WWI 1917 Russian flare pistol, a WWII German Brass Navy 2 barrel flare pistol, A Brass framed German Line Thrower ( probably WWII ) and a WWI German Flare Pouch which is unit marked.

More conventional, I picked up an AC-41 P-38 with two matched mags and capture papers.

Comment

Would love to see Japanese flare pistol if time permits

Comment

Got a nice early navy officer field cap ,a red and a green "cap" tally from the battleship Asama, a first pattern navy dirk and some kaigunto's.

Comment

Sounds like a lot of nice stuff was picked up last year, thanks all for contributing! I can't wait for the SOS this year -- I am hoping that will be the sweet spot for me for 2014! In case any of you will be attending the SOS, I will have a table set up displaying some rare specimens of IJA guntaitecho, plus a few IJA dog tags. Swing by and say hello!

Tom

Comment

K - 1 Jap flare pistol.

This is a link to a picture of the flare gun and box of flares I acquired.

http://www.flaregunforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=129

Flare gun forum is a free forum great for learning about and displaying flare pistols.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeP View Post
                              Sounds like a lot of nice stuff was picked up last year, thanks all for contributing! I can't wait for the SOS this year -- I am hoping that will be the sweet spot for me for 2014! In case any of you will be attending the SOS, I will have a table set up displaying some rare specimens of IJA guntaitecho, plus a few IJA dog tags. Swing by and say hello!

Tom
                              Tom,

I will be at the SOS and look forward to meeting you and seeing your display.

David.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X