Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to War Banner mystery.

Hello All,
    Have tried this one over on the AHF but has stumped them over there. What it is believed to mention is some sort of factory or warehouse?

Can anyone shed some light?

Many thanks.

Hi Grimnar-san,

Yes, he was in the Navy Factory Storage Department.

帝海工場倉庫課 (Tei Kai Koujyou Souko Ka) - Imperial Navy Factory Storage Department.

Cheers!
    Taka
    Last edited by J7W22007; 12-22-2013, 08:29 AM.

Comment

The problem here is that it doesn't actually say navy, but gives an abbreviation that reads Imperial Sea. I have doubts about this being the navy, because I have never seen the navy referred to in this way, which in those days would have had a tone of irreverence. Instead of 帝海,海軍 would have been a far more acceptable way to refer to the navy in the same number of kanji. Another reason is that I have never heard of a navy factory(工場), only of arsenals and depots(工廠). For instance, a company named Imperial Ocean Freight or Imperial Seafood could all end up being abbreviated in this way and goes better with a factory warehouse context. But none of the likely full names for a company produces hits, so it must have been a minor company in that case. Either way, the true answer seems now lost to time.

Comment

Taka san and Nick,
        Many thanks for your effort. At least I have a fair idea now one who gave it to the soldier. Some things are just destined to remain a mystery for the time being....

Thank you gentleman.

Best regards

Comment

Really nothing that should be called a mystery. So to speak, a Mom and Pop operation named "Imperial Seafoods" not leaving a large enough footprint to merit mention on the net is not really mystery material, just oblivion doing its job to take all the clutter out of history.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X